• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Gary Jones Retires

Player
Goodison
Just read on the Grimsby website that Gary Jones has retired. I'm sure all tranmere fans wish him the best of luck in the future and thank him for his service to Tranmere.

Theres only one Gary Jones!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep - sure do. All the best Gary!

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
The man was released 12 months too early from TRFC, could have scored a few more goals! He was also an excellent hold up player!

I don't think we've had anyone since who could head the ball into the net so well and still contribute to the team!

Definitely one to be considerd for the legends team.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree a Rovers legend. Gary was one of those players who was perhaps too versatile for his own good. Hope the retirement goes well.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Agree a Rovers legend. Gary was one of those players who was perhaps too versatile for his own good. Hope the retirement goes well.

Couldn't have ut it better myself. He was an excellent midfield player, decent striker and centre back too! Good player to have in the squad, and a good professional, all the best Gary! great servant to our club.