• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Friendlies arranged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Johnny Morrissey
Browsing a few wesbites of the teams we usually play in pre-season I stumbled across the announcement from Southport that we will be going to Haig Avenue on July 21st to play them.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Sticking on topic, ahem, lol.

We've lined up a friendly with Championship Preston North End for Saturday July 18 at Prenton Park. Also we'll be visiting Macclesfield a week later on July 25th.

So far we have:
Tuesday 14 July - Cammell Lairds (a)
Saturday 18 July - Preston North End (h)
Tuesday 21 July - Southport (a)
Saturday 25 July - Macclesfield Town (a)

Reckon there will be another home friendly to be arranged along with a few more local sides away from home before the big kick off in League One.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Another fixture for the pre-season calendar, almost all there I reckon. By the way, all these are confirmed by the opposition, still nothing on the Rovers official website which is superbly kept up-to-date ahem.

Saturday 1 August - Shrewsbury Town (a)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
And another one confirmed...

Tuesday 28 July (my birthday :smile:) - Morecambe (a)

That Shrewsbury Town one for Sat 1 August is at Prenton Park I think, bit strange, obviously no good teams wanted to play us there then...:whistle:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The club's amazing official site has finally confirmed the full list of pre-season games for us to look forward to! Fixtures in bold type signify first team fixtures, while those in Italics are reserve team games. On Tuesday 14 July, Ronnie is to select a mix of first team players and reserves and youths to cover the two fixtures. The full list is as follows:

Fri 10 July - Holyhead Hotspur (a) - 7pm
Tue 14 July - Heswall (a) - 7pm
Tue 14 July - Cammell Laird (a) - 7pm
Sat 18 July - Preston North End (h) - 3pm
Tue 21 July - Southport (a) - 7:45pm
Wed 22 July - Ellesmere Port (a) - 7pm
Sat 25 July - Macclesfield Town (a) - 3pm
Tue 28 July - Morecambe (a) - 7:45pm
Wed 29 July - Buckley Town (a) - 7:30pm
Sat 1 August - Shrewsbury Town (h) - 3pm
Tue 4 August - Colwyn Bay (a) - 7:30pm
Wed 12 August - GAP Connahs Quay (a) - 7pm

Player
Goodison
The official website has been updated! - its a miracle! :-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not that inspiring. Shame Morecambe is mìdweek this year, enjoyed my Saturday out at the seaside. Would have preferred Shrewsbury away to get a look at their new ground.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Think most f us would have, new ground, and a bit strange that we're playing them at our place - obviously no Prem side would agree to a game - most of them will be in Asia or America more than likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.