• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Football Manager 2006

smilingmart

Has anyone got the new game?

How are you finding it being Tranmere? Any good signings?

It's early days yet but here's where to post all your FM2006 stories.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ive only played the demo, obviously went Tranmere, and its bloody hard! I'll post some screenies later..

smilingmart

I agree with you - the demo was well hard, I lost my first four league games without scoring a single goal.

The full game, however, is a bit different. I've won my first two games.

C

ChiefRich

smilingmart said:
I agree with you - the demo was well hard, I lost my first four league games without scoring a single goal.

They say that football manager is the best simulation of real football management around.

DixieDean

I'm currently playing FM 2005. Didn't even realise 2006 was out. I'll download it (Erm, I mean buy it, of course..ahem) and have a looksee.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
DixieDean said:
I'm currently playing FM 2005. Didn't even realise 2006 was out. I'll download it (Erm, I mean buy it, of course..ahem) and have a looksee.

lol :lol: :lol:

DixieDean

have just been looking at reviews of it and it looks great!

am a bit reluctant to finish my current game though, seeing as I've just got TRFC into the Championship.

Although, it is rather easy this game isn't it? Hopefully 2006 will be much more of a challange.....

C

championship_here_we_come

DixieDean said:
I'll download it (Erm, I mean buy it, of course..ahem)

i did the same the crap thing is though my comp is so shit (like 5 years old) it wont run proply takes like an hour per week in the game so i got bored after my 10 pre seasons which took about 5 hours.

im gonna try and burn it to a disc and see if it runs any better on the laptop

chwc's top tip
try to arrange as many friendly's as possible at home against top premierhsip oppositon ie everton, bolton, liverpool, man utd, chealsea, arsenal (there rating is based upon last season postion so try and stick to the top half of last seasons premiership)
you will get around 100k for each of these games in gate reciepts so if you arrange 10 like i did thats 1 miliion extra in your account

smilingmart

My top tip is this...

There was a bug in FM2005 and it's still there now. If you offer a player a contract, add the manager job release clause and set it to 120mill. Then offer half the wages the player wants. They always agree to it!

An easy way to sort out your wage budget. :lol:

C

championship_here_we_come

smilingmart said:
My top tip is this...

There was a bug in FM2005 and it's still there now. If you offer a player a contract, add the manager job release clause and set it to 120mill. Then offer half the wages the player wants. They always agree to it!

An easy way to sort out your wage budget. :lol:

wow does that really work im off to try it now :lol:

B

Banana Army

Yeh but its not to fun taking advabtage of mistakes. I prefer to play without chating. Makes it even sweeter when you do wel

smilingmart

Alex Rhodes is great for tranmere. He's quicker than shit off a shovel and plays really well. He can be got for about 26k

Championship Here We Come are you enjoying the contract negotiations?

Player
Morrisey
I am still on 2005, but not doing badly wityh bournmouth. I got sacked by Tranmere but I have just got bournmouth back to league1 and am 10th @ the moment!