• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FLEETWOOD 3 ROVERS 3

drwhoman

Did anyone go? RM was pretty scathing about the defence. From his comments Chilvers will not be signed and he will look at a loan player as he is not sure when Goodi will be back. Visa issues apparently - how this is still a problem I have no idea - maybe Goodi just needs more time on the beach! Tehoue did well apparently and will be signed if he is not greedy with the money.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i read the reports and it sounded quite a game 3-1 down at one stage ,2-0 after the first 20 minutes not very good at all against a new team that has come into the Football League.from what i can gether about Ian Goodison i read its about the 6th of august he can get back into the Country on his visa i could be wrong.Bolton on Tuesday should be a intresting game.:cool:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
3-1 down at one stage ,2-0 after the first 20 minutes not very good at all against a new team that has come into the Football League.

Fleetwood have brought in about a dozen players over the summer; many costing a transfer fee. Their budget is almost certainly better than ours and they are among the favourites to go up. I don't think it's a bad result for a friendly.

drwhoman

Fleetwood game

I agree Boz. I think they got 1m for Vardy from Leicester, although I am not sure if that was all up front, while they must have some money behind them as they were alsorans around the north west non-league scene until quite recently. One of the teams. like Crawley and Stevenage, that have emerged from the depths in recent years seemingly because they have been able to attract better players which by definition means money backing from somewhere.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fleetwood look a decent side this season with players like Nicholson and Parkin in the ranks, who we certainly could not attract salary wise. A draw was a good result, but our defensive frailty is a bit of a concern: Chilvers was apparently very poor and won't be signed up, and we will be missing Taylor and potentially Goodison for the Chesterfield game, albeit this is only a temporary problem.

Given RM's concerns in this area, I would agree with other posters that it is strange that Vaulks only played the first half at Heswall at centre back and hasn't been used there since. If RM doesn't rate McChrystal, surely we should have tested him out in this role given the absentees for the opening game ?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I remember seeing him years ago (can't remember who for), and he impressed me - was a long time ago though.

Given Ronnie publicly criticised him, I can't see him staying but as Ronnie doesnt seem to rate McChrystal, and who knows when Goodi will be back, we need someone in.