• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ex TRFC Players

DixieDean

I noticed tonight, 4 TRFC old boys played for Chesterfield: Hazell, Hall, Allison & Nicholson.

Does anyone know of a time when more than 4 ex-TRFC players have all appeared in the same side at the same time?

B

Banana Army

I've got a 5: Burnley last season

Coyne
McGreal
Moore
Branch
Grant

Cookey was also there the season before

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

the 5 from Burnley were all players I felt we should of kept but well noticed anyway

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, Danny Coyne was a good keeper - went on a free to GRIMSBY!!!

Ian Moore, I understand he went to Notts Forest who were (would you believe) actually a Premiership side then I think so understand his reason for leaving. Great striker though.

John McGreal - quality defender one of the best that Tranmere have ever had. But money talked (I mean Ipswich put in a bid we couldn't refuse).

Tony Grant, I believe we tried to sign permanently but Man City nipped in to outbid us.

Graham Branch - after what u saw of him at Tranmere would u really have kept him???!!! I think not!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think they were all very able players on their day but some did put in some stinkers in their time at Rovers!