• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Enoch

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I see Enoch Showunmi has signed for Notts County. Surprise, surprise. So they've got him for nothing after offering a transfer fee last August. We've swapped target men with County. I wonder who's got the best deal? I'd like to think Ben Burgess could hardly be less effective than Enoch was last season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seems bad business that. Didnt they offer just over 100k for him last time?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
showumbi is in my starting eleven from last season...with out him we seemed no threat

Burgess na not for me ...watched the crewe wembley match ,give him a 5.5 for that performance..

Anyway we will probally pick some one up in the and of season ,off season sales...bargain basement

problem is,... how long does it take for these players to settle in ?

after all we play a phyical type of game,nothing like crewe for instance..

Player
Nixon
im sure if Enoch could have played an injury free season for us, he would have scored goals and been a hit.

I cant see Big Ben having the same pace/presence as Enoch. Just hope Ben proves me wrong.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
For a big guy Enoch didnt win a lot in the air, agree with most of the above never seemed the same after the injury, perhaps thats why Ronnie moved him on?

I trust in Moore to get things right so will reserve all judgement till the opening day.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Enoch was terrible + overpaid. Very glad to be rid of him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I thought Enoch had a half-decent first season, but never seemed the same player after the broken leg. It will be interesting to see how he fares at Notts. Both he and Bas came to us, with some negative comment from previous clubs, but did ok in their first season. Burgess may follow that trend.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Enoch was terrible + overpaid. Very glad to be rid of him.

so u are aware how much he was on?

He had a decent first season but didnt look the same player after the injury, he may yet get back to full fitness and do well.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Enoch was good in his first season and complete ***** in the second. Notts will get one or the other.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
so u are aware how much he was on?

He had a decent first season but didnt look the same player after the injury, he may yet get back to full fitness and do well.

He was a pretty big signing on a 2 year contract. We fought off competition to sign him. We released him when we got chance. Common sense says he was one of our top earners.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
LIke most say, his first season he was good but was disastrous last season - mostly due to his fitness.

I personally would have offered him a one year deal but at reduced wages to reflect last season but to give him the chance to get a good pre season under his belt.

Notts were after him I think when Mad Dog Allen was in charge so its interesting Keith Curle has wanted him too - he's done well getting a 2 year deal after last season but may provide a good partnership with Lee Hughes.

Time will tell..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I'm very surprised that Notts have opted for Enoch given that they are apparently a reasonably wealthy and ambitious club. I think we made the right decision in letting him go, and would imagine that the County fans are not delighted by his signing given the comments reported by Boz above.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He'll probably start banging them in now.