• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

doncaster-saturday

• Thread starter Nathan_Trfc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nathan_Trfc

do yous rekon well win there level points with us but have two games in hand over us we need to win this game and keep a clean sheet.i rekon judgin on yesterdays performance well scrape a 1-0 or a 0-0 draw
any thoughts or predictions?

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
if he plays then it will be a return for a certain GARETH ROBERTS!havent really followed his goings on but i am just wondering whether he regrets leaving prenton park. the reason he left us is because he wanted to achieve more success (i think) yet here we are next to doncatser though admittedly they have two games in hand. he will get a fantastic reception when he steps out (hopefully). another returnee will be sean thornton but nobody really likes him so the less said the better. i think we will win maybe 2-1 or 3-1 with roberts scoring their goal from a free kick. just like old times

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It will be a tough game but for some reason I think we may sneak a 1-0 win. I will probably regret saying that though. Does anyone know if Sean Thornton is getting in their 1st 11 at the moment. Hopefully everyone will give Roberts the welcome back he deserves.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Roberts will score for them. Of course he will. And Thornton's a fat knacker but he's still got that bit of real quality about him. Will be a tough one that I'd be happy if we play well in. Three points would be nice as always at home, but just banging in a couple of goals - almost regardless of the final scoreline - would make me feel a bit better than I do following the last result.

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
And don't forget Jason Price. I've seen his name on the scoresheet a few times recently.
Hope Johnny gets the keeper shirt - have seen Oldham's goal on tv and it does look like a Gav howler. He's dropped a few of those long high balls, Huddersfield at home springs to mind immediately.
I can see another home draw on the cards.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gareth seems to be out of favour at present there, mostly on the bench. Don't think that little pipsqueak Thornton is a regular starter either.

We've lost our last 2 home games against them and can't see us getting 3 points on Saturday. Would like to see Achto given a start in goal and a change of personnel in midfield.

white life

white for life
Player
who would you want to see in midfield? we seem to be loaning quite a few of our spare midfielders. we wont have any left soon

Player
Morrisey
Well if we have a fully fit defence then Thommo can play in midfield. That would give Mullin more chance to get forward. I wouldn't want to see Harrison play. I would like o see what Macca is like because he hasn't played for ages. I get the feeling that he is not too interested in playing, but is there to make up the numbers in a very small squad.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The game is in doubt. Tonights reserve game with Bury at PP has been postponed due to a frozen pitch even though the covers have been on since Monday. The weather is supposed to get worse as well. Not looking good and i'm coming up on Friday to visit family for a week and was hoping to catch this game. Will be disappointed if its off.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Return of Price, Roberts and that scumbag Thornton, be interested, good game.

Hopefully, the weather won't involve the postponment, players and officials should toughen up! Keep it on.

When I started going eary-mid 90s, the pitch would be covered in snow and the game will still be played with the old orange ball!

ahh the days when football wasn't for Wussies!

white life

white for life
Player
both sherriff and goodison are out for this one. looks like we will see thommo in defence again. davo out as well so a return for ellison unless we can sign a granny for the left wing. theyd be better than him. wouldnt mind seein a 343 for the weekend with zola taylor and greenacre upfront and wingers puttin crosses in

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Provided the pitch is in good shape, I'm looking forward to this. I agree with SWA that they should do something so Mullin can push forward a bit more, he is a danger. Hope Thommo has another good game.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say it will be a 2-1 win!

Come On You Whites!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
There is a precautionary pitch inspection at 10am tomorrow morning to see if the game will go ahead. I hope its on because I won't be impressed if I get up at 6am to leave at 7am to get up in time for the match only to find its been called off. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.