• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Davies has gone

Player
Goodison
Davies has left and signed a 3 year contract at Derby. The fee will be decided at a tribunal in the coming days.

Shocking attitude from Davies in my opnion, he could have at least stayed for 1 season considering the club saved his career. Hopefully he will do a Sean Thornton and end up as a nobody, I won't be cheering him when he next plays against us. He's not a championship player hopefully he will fail miserably.

Sorry to sound a bit cynical but this move sums up a lot of what's wrong with football at the moment. Very little player loyalty with inflated egos.

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1327183,00.html

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd agree there. It does sound like we're very bitter doesn't it, but I also feel he's shown absolutely no loyalty whatsoever. Maybe a little naive on our part, but it just annoys me how a club like ours relies heavily on bringing youth players through, and there seems to be little or no protection.

OK, you have to accept that a player wants to move onto bigger and better things in their short career, but we'll get buttons for him.
Derby will have offered a lame sum of money, TRFC will have rejected it and it'll go to tribunal, so it's ***** whatever way we look at it.

Regardless of the fact that I think he's heavily over-rated and hasn't actually achieved much in a white shirt is besides the point. Derby obviously see potential in him. And what do we get in return? ](*,)

Sickens me really.. :-#

Player
Liam Palmer
Yes, sad day for football. Good luck to him, but what goes around comes around. Wonder what Les Parry thinks of all those countless hours spent nursing a guy back to fitness who we will get pennies for.

Let's face it, his reputation was built on a few games at the start of last season. Although I would prefer he was still with us, clearly if a player wants away, there's no point trying to keep him. Bye bye Davo, I'm not shedding any tears.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
All the best Davo, a real pity, considering it's probably thanks to Les he's still got a career. There is no loyalty in football anymore, unless you've already made your money and are just happy to be selected for a squad.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Like has been said he only came good for 5 games at start of last season. Hopefully we can get a good enough replacement. No guarentees he would have comeback the same player from that injury anyway. Derby have taken a bit of a risk in my opinion.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Reading the article on the official site has angered me more. We should have accepted the generous £500,000 offered by Leeds last season. Davies has disappeared and not been in touch with the club. Prick.

What a disaster.

"We are disappointed about the way this has been handled by the player and Derby but no doubt this will come out in the tribunal. Given other clubs' independent valuations of the player we are confident this will be reflected in the tribunal decision."

Going to get buttons!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah, I was astonished to hear Leeds had offered that much, we should have taken the money and run. Don't expect more than 100,000 out of the Tribunal.