• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Current league table

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I know it's very early days, but I would not be surprised if five of the current top six occupy the promotion / play-off positions at the end of the season. I think Chester may finish just outside the top five and Cheltenham will probably be in the mix, but the league certainly seems to be taking shape.

Grimsby and Wrexham have certainly started impressively and according to a lot of their fans have their best squads since relegation from the FL.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I concur, RLC. If it was three or four up, as in the FL, I think we might be odds on to get promoted. But getting out of the NL will be much more difficult. Unless we rely on the play-offs, which is always a lottery, we will have to be champions, a position last achieved in 1937/38, which is even before my time! However, at least we've hit the ground running and if we continue to get three points from every home game and average two on the road, we'll be OK.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I know it's very early days, but I would not be surprised if five of the current top six occupy the promotion / play-off positions at the end of the season. I think Chester may finish just outside the top five and Cheltenham will probably be in the mix, but the league certainly seems to be taking shape.

Grimsby and Wrexham have certainly started impressively and according to a lot of their fans have their best squads since relegation from the FL.
At the time only three games had been played and the top six were FGR, Grimsby, Eastleigh, Rovers, Chester and Wrexham. Currently, four of that six are still there. Chester and Eastleigh have dropped away, while Cheltenham and Gateshead have moved up, so a good shout so far, RLC.