• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Crewe v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Johnny Morrissey
Team news

Crewe have signed goalkeeper John Ruddy from Premier League side Everton, and the youngster is set to make his debut. Captain Julien Baudet is set to return to the defence after serving a 1-match ban, pairing up with loan signing Marlon Broomes.

Tranmere boss Ronnie Moore seems set to stick with a winning formula and remain unchanged for the trip to Gresty Road. Strikers Chris Greenacre, Terry Gornell and Craig Curran all stay on the sidelines, but Antony Kay may make a return to the squad after missing Tuesday night's 2-1 victory over Stockport.

Betting

Crewe 21/10, Draw 12/5, Tranmere 5/4.

First goalscorers (selected):
Chris Shuker 13/2
Ian Moore 13/2
Bas Savage 7/1
Calvin Zola 8/1
Joel Grant 17/2
Tom Pope 9/1

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thanks for the info Coops.
I don't think we've had the best of luck at Gresty Road over the last few years. Anyone that went to the 4-3 thriller a year ago will be testiment to that.

Only six players from that first eleven have survived. Coyne, Taylor, Goodison, Kay, Jennings and Greenacre. Let's hope Goodison stays on for 90 minutes!

But it's pleasing to hear Ronnie wants to stick with the same formation that has proved a success over the last two games. Kay and Savage might have to settle for a place on the bench.

The games seem to be coming thick and fast at the moment, but due to the nature of the last two home games, I'm looking forward to this one.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If Kay is fit would still expect him to replace Edds. Similar line-up to Stockport otherwise. Crewe did manage to beat Scunthorpe the other week and it's correct as Ian says that we've not done very well there recently. Time for that to change!!!:cold:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I fancy us. I like Ronnie's ideas and the new formation should mean we go there with the intent of putting a few past them rather focusing on picking up points by means of not conceding. Away win trading @ 2.34ish on betfair. Will have another look at that in the morning I think. I really think we can go there and get 3 points. Our away form has been hampered not due to a lack of ability, nor some mystical travel sickness, but by negative tactics (IMO) With that out of the way, we should be able to go to places like Crewe and see 'em off more times than not. They're a nice but one-dimensional passing side who are quite easy to beat - a bit like West Brom in the prem - and if we can get the first goal and get stuck into them they'll curl up and die in the same manner as Stockport.

Agree with Boz that if Kay is fit then he has to replace Edds. But if so, and Ronnie does stick with Edds, then fair doos. We've won two on the bounce with him in there and he's scored twice so there is an argument that he should stay in the team, though it isn't one I subscribe to in this instance.

Crewe 1-3 Rovers

=D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
For those travelling to the game. Ticket prices are as follows:

Seating:
Adults (17-60 years) £18.60
Senior (over 60) £14.70
Junior (12-16) £8.40
Junior (11 and under) £4.40
Wheelchair £14.70 with Carer Free

Travel directions and head to head info -> http://whitereview.co.uk/matchday/opponent.php?opp=48

Status
Not open for further replies.