• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Coyne and McGreal to sign??

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats what i've heard... possibly to be officially announced tomorrow.

Player
Morrisey
Is this just a rumour? Coyne would be good but I think that McGreal is getting on that little bit too much. At 35 he would give us an old back line with Goodison. It would be just like the old days though. ;-)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Probably won't be announced until the clubs official site is up and running again. The club's internet is down.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I really hope the Coyne rumour is true, it's a great move and I'd love to see him back between the sticks for us.

The McGreal rumour is another story. Would give us a good strong presence at the back but the age is a factor, or is it?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I used to like McGreal but surely he's too old now. He never had the greatest pace but he must be snail pace now.. I dunno. Would be pleased to see Coyne, keepers last till there 40's now, I mean look at Ward! haha..

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I was told from someone who knows Shaun Garnett. I'd be very suprised now if Coyne didn't sign after all thats been said. As for McGreal like I said i've been told he's signing and I think he'd be good for at least a year but now Kay has signed he may only be back up. If he wouldn't settle for that the deal for him may fall through.