• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cowley

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Has left Lincoln for Huddersfield. A massive blow for the Imps and it will be interesting to see how they cope under new management. Yes, they have a decent fanbase and infrastructure there now, but Cowley transformed the club almost single-handed.

I wonder if Lincoln will come in for Mellon ? Stranger things have happened, and given the far greater resources (currently) at Sincil Bank I think Mellon would be tempted.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I wonder if Lincoln will come in for Mellon ? Stranger things have happened, and given the far greater resources (currently) at Sincil Bank I think Mellon would be tempted.
It wouldn't surprise me if they came in for him. I'm sure that they could offer a better contract but it would still be a brave move to leave a well-run club where he is so highly thought of. There is also a massive amount to live up to in taking a job vacated by the Cowleys - while he has done enough at Rovers to ride out a short term bad patch he would have no credit in the bank at Lincoln. But perhaps I'm just trying to persuade myself!

drwhoman

Huddersfield will be a challenge. A team with Premier League pretensions but it would be an over achievement for them to get there as, in reality, as it was last time. I think there will be a people interested in the Lincoln job, some with a higher profile than MM. In reality, he does not have a great record at Div One level.

Player
Manager
John King
n reality, he does not have a great record at Div One level.
In fairness, he has never had two coppers to rub together at League One level. Which is why the Lincoln job could be attractive to him.

The current favourite, Mike Flynn, has never managed above League Two.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
MM briefly touted among their fans but generally written off as unproven at L1 level, let’s hope the Cowley’s undoubted input hasn’t recommended to the contrary. Think we have the better mid projection forecast as a club (if not short term) in light of today’s events. Also feeling the Imps fans’ collective pain as to the type of manager who would be a good fit, we’ve been there so many times in the past but never in my lifetime as a result of headhunting. Thankfully MM’s nowhere on the national betting stakes thus far but time will tell I guess....

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I find it quite a strange move by the Cowleys tbh. Expectations at my current local club will be high because of the recent time in the Premiership, unsure their current Chairman has the funds that Dean Hoyle did, although the parachute payment will help and got to work with the squad they've got until January. Going to Wednesday, where they were also linked would have made more sense.

MM doesn't seem like an obvious fit for the Lincoln job and while in the short term, they're certainly in a better position financially than Rovers, following after the Cowleys brings challenges of it's own.

Player
Manager
John King
MM doesn't seem like an obvious fit for the Lincoln job
A very different style of play to Cowley, that is for sure. Flynn seems a better fit in that regard, with his direct approach and emphasis on set plays.

Player
Manager
John King
MM also enjoys living in Blackpool Lincoln is too far to commute.
I think he would be prepared to move for the right offer. He is ambitious and Lincoln have a better chance of reaching the Championship at present than we do.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It would be a massive gamble for Micky. He may have more money but couldn't spend any till January. Meanwhile, he'd have to decide whether to play Cowley's way or change the current squad to play his way. All the time, he'd be compared with Danny Cowley.
I doubt he'd find a better run club and a more supportive owner than he's got now.

Player
Manager
John King
He may have more money but couldn't spend any till January.
He would inherit better players there than he has here, and that Lincoln squad is more than capable of playing good football: Payne, Walker, Andrade, Shackell, Morrell, Anderson, Grant. How many of our current line up would get in their team ? Two or three at most I would think.

But I agree it won't happen, not least because I don't think he is even on their radar. My point really is that Mellon is ambitious and probably feels he deserves to have some money to spend after what he has achieved at Prenton Park, so he would be tempted by offers if they offered a clear progression, just as Cowley has been tempted despite his obvious affection for Lincoln.