• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Coops Column - It's going wrong

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Player
Goodison
I agree with most of what your saying, especially the Curran part. Not totally convinced that weve missed Davies - he does give pace but theres hardly any end product and I suspect he will leave when his contract expires in the summer, for a time we also played better when Davies got injured.

Our problems lie much deeper than Davies - too much hoof, no pace, no Curran, no team football, a manager who's tactically naive and doesn't seem willing to make changes until it's too late, no goalscorers (Curran maybe but he's collecting splinters on the bench) and we rely on Goodison, Kay and Coyne to give us a chance of a point.

Apart from that were great!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good read Coops. After what you've wrote, it will be interesting to see what happens today. Will we see Curran at all? Will Sherriff be propping up the left wing again? Will we, as the home side, attack Bournemouth and shake them up early on..

I suspect not, but a win today is a must.

Gkay

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Davies is the one player we have with that extra quality that can turn a game in our favour so of course we are going to miss him.
We have struggled to replace him and must have used half a dozen players in his position since he got injured.
Our problems go a lot deeper than just Davies being unavailable,i appreciate that,but a player of his quality would be a big miss to most sides in this division.