• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Cheltenham 1-1 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Time for those post match reactions.
A well deserved point by the sounds of it. Was delighted we took the lead, shame we couldnt hold on, but the home side seemed to pile the pressure on a bit in the second half.

The second half sounded real good as well.
Reports from those who went would be great as always.

Excellent point though and we remain 2nd. =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Good point which I would of happily taken before the match. Good to see Greenacre get a goal and hopefully the knock he picked up in the 2nd half isn't too serious. Slightly disappointing that we couldn't hang onto the lead but Orient lost so we have still gained a point on them and are a point clear of 3rd with two home games coming up. If we can use the home games to our advantage then we could be top at the beginning of October. I have heard from an Orient supporter that they were dreadful today and Hartlepool were not much better so if we can keep getting results we should be ok. Really want someone to beat Leeds sooner rather than later and Forest are starting to pick up. Up to the lads to put in the professional peformance needed to pick up 3 points next Saturday. SWA!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Still unbeaten away from home, pity we couldn'y keep the lead but a point away is better than none at all.

evo_trfc

Saw tranmere for the first time this season because its a local game for me and we did ok.

It was a good game both teams could have won it but i would have settled for that at the start of the game. Greenacre took his goal well good finish. I thought taylor was hopeless if his job is to hold the ball up he should do it he was static and didnt move for the ball. Chorley played very very well first half made a couple of errors second half but was still solid him and goodison worked well. Sheriff did ok and i thought stockdale played well. So overall defense did a good job.

Personally i thought steve daivs wasn't good at all yesterday he was good in places but had a poor game shuker played well but didnt see much of the ball and jennings huffed and puffed all game. Cant make my mind up on mclaren He did well in parts. Greenacre played well and curran did look very good when he came on. Kay didnt really have a lot to do but played ok

So overall a good solid performance away from home and hopefully we will make the playoffs but I might upset a few people but i dont think the squad is good enough to go up I hope that im proved wrong and we do but i still think we are missing 1 or 2 players. There a teams in that league who are better than us but if we keep playing as we do then who knows

we ( the fans ) were fantastic yesterday were in good voice and got behind the boys throughout

Super White ARmy

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes a well done to our fans... you could hear them on the commentary quite clearly. Nomur, where did you disappear off to yesterday? That may have been the reason they equalised! ;-)

Went to this one too. Yes, Cheltenham huffed and puffed but to be quite honest Goody and Ben were more than a match for what they had up front. I was more concerned about our defending of set pieces and corners! Got a bit lairy a couple of times but in open play I thought Cheltenham were below average. I believe we should of had this in the bag. It was only a due to a couple of outstanding saves that managed to give Cheltenham a share of the spoils.
We tended to go through the middle too much when we had more joy down the wings. Cheltenham were quite happy sitting deep with most of their players defending then breaking forward quickly by passing out to the wings themselves.
Overall the man of the match for me was Ben Chorley and we should have won it 2-1 but a point away from home is not to be sniffed at eh :) Roll on Swindon.....

evo_trfc

ye agreed if we had knocked it to shuker or even davis would have been different score.

Swindon will be a very tough game i watch them alot ( dad supports them ) and they will go up. But ye be good to see the boys down there becausie i cant get up there and can only do the south west and east games

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Yes a well done to our fans... you could hear them on the commentary quite clearly. Nomur, where did you disappear off to yesterday? That may have been the reason they equalised! ;-)

To be honest a very good looking 26 year old ballerina called over to discuss a web site I'm designing for her at the moment. I left the commentary on but had to leave the chat guys sorry.

On the funny side, she listened to the rest of the game with me and got more excited than I did! haha! Maybe she'll marry me! Probably not!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
haha excellent. You could have let her join in the chat with us... :lol:. You going to be on next Saturday nomur? To keep on topic at the same time(sorry Ian) did anyone who went think their was more than 496 away fans there? My cousin went and he said there was more than that. I see the official site is making a nice gallery of photos of our fans which I am already on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
did anybody see or hear about any of this behaviour at the cheltenham match, I if it is true the 'fans' should be banned for life as this behaviour is disgusting.

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A27231356

Didn't know anything about it. Unfortunately, there's a small minority of idiots at every club. I wouldn't call them 'fans' either. Fans who go to watch the games don't behave like this, they go to watch the game.