• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Change of Formation

Griff

How is it that Little feels his players are good enough to change formation during a game. On Saturday he brought off the only recognised wide player for a striker and changed to 3 up front. I've yet to see this work for him. We looked a mess tactically from the start, but changing the formation just compounded the mess.

Why cant he see that when its not going well we need to keep it simple.

I would suggest that if Little was to leave we could finish this season off strong just by playing with a straight 4-4-2 and keeping players in the right positions (Goodison is a centre half and Roberts is a full back etc...)

Keep it simple Little ! as your changes seem to be confusing the players as much as the fans.

Starting to smell a bit desperate.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Im a great fan of the 4-4-2 system. Ive never liked Little's formations much. They worked last season but our side has lost quality this season and we have different players and 4-4-2 is our best formation this season.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm recommending something like a 1-1-8 formation as we have a problem scoring goals. Would this help?..

Griff

Maybe a 5-1-4 formation would suit us better as we dont have any midfield to speak of.

What exactly was Little thinking off when he bought extra strikers but didnt bother with the midfield required to service them.

Player
Morrisey
All I can say is Paul Brown!

With Paul Brown gunning for a place in the first team BL has 4-4-2 on a plate for him with a young capable player wanting to prove himself,

Griff

Little has been trying to fit HIS playering into a formation instead for picking a balanced team

He had Tremarco on the bench at the weekend, the lad needs experience and has been decent in recent games, yet he chose to play francis in midfield. I know the Guy has done well for us, but he is on his way out and Raven is a direct replacment.

Move Asiton over to the right and get Temarco or Brown in.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I agree he should have either just put Raven or Francis at right back and put Aiston in right mid (I feel he is better on the right than the left). Tremarco should have started on the left mid.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
play a 4-2-1-2-1
Seremet
Raven-Sharps-Goodison-Roberts
Harrison-Oleary
Jennings
Aiston-Facey/Davies
Greenacre
This is only for the next game, normally it would jackson instead of goodison.
the two behind greenacre play as wingers but further up the field to support greenacre
jennings makes the play and sets up most of our good attacks so keep him in the creative role
harrison and o'leary are two good young defensive mfsand can tackle and hold the ball
tell me what you think of this