• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carlisle 0 Robbo 3

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A special night for Robbo of the Rovers. It sounded like one of the best hat tricks of all time from the commentary !

Other than the goals, it seems we were comfortable save for one goal line clearance from Ash Taylor. Great to see Rovers top of the league, I believe for the first time since 2007 ?

drwhoman

Carlisle v Rovers

Great result! Well done Andy Robinson! Top of the table - only 44 games to go!

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Shame there isnt a midweek FL show...Maybe Bayern Munich will buy him off us??:cool:

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
looking at 50 points to avoid the drop, so only 44(15 games) to go!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow. 6 goals in 2 games, what a fantastic start to the season. Robbo hattrick sounded superb. I was thinking a draw or maybe nicking it by the odd goal.

Ronnie Moore's SWA!!!

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Still waiting for the goals on SSN....But of course evertons new players are more important than the lower leagues! :roll:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A fantastic win 3 goals 3 points a clean sheet as well what a great start to the season.

Player
Goodison
Moore out:cold:

In all seriousness, fantastic result and brilliant performance by Robinson, as well as 56% possession.

I'll be disappointed if we don't have 138 points come May...

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
good performance tonight .i listened to the game on the radio and what a surperb hat-trick from Andy Robinson.its been a great start to the season.=D>

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I went to the game last night and it was good all round team performance and obviously Andy Robbo was superb! You will struggle to find a better hat-trick anywhere else in the world this season. I know that may sound like a big shout but it was pure class. And it says it all when the whole of the main stand full of home fans gave him a standing ovation when he came off!

The defence looked solid aswell with the 2 centre backs looking like they have built up a good relationship and Kay made a goal line clearance in the second half and OFW made a great save in the second half aswell. Wallace was ok but i thought his distribution was pretty poor although his commitment and aggression to win the ball back was top notch. Thompson needs to have more coviction when going forward! He rarley got at the full back and when he did his final ball rarley cleared the first man. But to be fair he worked hard. The strikers did ok too although Cassidy should have buried a header in the second yard when he missed from 2 yards out.

All in all though a great result and if i'm honest, one i didn't really expect. There seems to be a togetherness about this team, they all work for each other and they genuinely looked like they are enjoying their football, of course you will when you're winning but they look settled.

Without getting too carried away, if we can stay free of injuries, keep Robbo fit and the strikers weighing in with a few then i dont think the play-offs are out of reach. If we can continue to make PP a bit of a fortess and pick up results like last night then i'm optimistic.

Robbo for England anyone? :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Even the Carlisle fans have been praising Robbo's efforts..

Anyway on a positive note,it was a fantastic Hat- trick though from Robinson..in 30 years I have not seen a better one scored

Posted by Markredfox73 on the footy mad forums.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah a standing ovation from the away fans is so rare so credit to the Carlisle fans.

As Ronnie has said, credit to Robbo (lets hope he stays fit), but also to the defence and Gibson looks a great signing - can we get him on loan for the season I wonder ?

Credit to Ronnie too for playing an attacking and unchanged line up. Being away at a side who were sniffing around the top 6 last season, you could have forgiven Ronnie for playing 1 up front with 5 in the middle including Robbo just off the front man.

But being positive got its rewards. Bring on the Shrews !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for the reports, lads. Excellent result and amazing performance from Robbo.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Are the goals not going on the BBC website this season?

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
the goals well 2 of them were shown on North West tonight we do not get the coverage we deserve on the local stations its all Manchester teams.they mention Preston a lot and they even showed there new players on TV the other night.lets have more Tranmere coverage.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Preston have a lot more fans than us and coverage will/should reflect that