• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Carling Cup Draw...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Tranmere away to Stockport County. Game to be played week commencing 13th August.

Certainly winnable but I was looking for a home draw against a League Two side really.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ahh yes, the delights of the first round! Well, at least it's not far to travel, if you live locally of course ;)

Player
Morrisey
To be honest the first round is always annoying because there is relatively little motivation on an uninspiring weekday evening at a dull ground. It is obviously a game we are expected to win and I think we will do. It is a darn sight better than Hull away.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Well im trying to plan a vist of family for week in august so I may be up for that week with hopefully a Tranmere game at the weekends either side of that week.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just to echo what Lorraine Rogers said, we've got to get a good run in one of the cups next season to fill the coffers and prevent players sales. Ronnie is on a shoestring now because we've only had one decent cup run since Aldo left. Stockport is a potential banana skin but if we lose it'll be a really bad start to the season.

Player
Goodison
good have been better could have been worse really. Although are recent cup record is much to take inspiration out of though!

Brilliant if we could get to last league cup final at wembley and the first!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Isn't Ray Mathias assistant at Stockport?