• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bury 0 Rovers 1

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
A deserved victory for Rovers, the only disappointment being the scoreline, which does not give a true reflection of the game: we were dominant and really should have won this by three or four.

The match mirrored our previous two games, with a poor first half. We played some good stuff at times, notably when Robbo and Zoum linked up down the left, but too often we seemed to get dragged down to Bury's level, with scappy periods of play in the middle of the pitch. Bury played like the away side with five in the middle, and did work hard in pressing us in all areas of the pitch, but looked a desperately poor side. I have no idea what the penalty was given for, but fortunately Robbo's miss did not prove costly.

In the second half we upped the tempo and completely dominated the game, Robbo showing great character after the penalty miss with a compelling performance: he hit the bar prior to scoring the winning goal, and generally caused mayhem down the left hand side. The performance level of the whol team was lifted, with Palmer and Daniels impressive in particular.

In the second half there were some excellent individual performances, but I did think Max struggled a bit in the first half, while O'Halloran worked hard again but made the wrong decision a couple of times when he got into good areas. I think it is difficult to expect these kids to keep producing performances week after week and, to state the obvious, I think the return of Wallace and Akpro will be timely.

Great Rovers following and looking at the attendance figure of 3,200, I would guess the Rovers fans must have made up close to 50% of the crowd. Fantastic that we will remain top until the Crawley game, unless Donny beat Colchester by 4 goals or more on Saturday.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
So proud of the lads ,driven on by our one of our own.......Andy Robbo....class always..enjoy the week !

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I have just read that Steven Schumaker believes we were 'there for the taking' today.

Must have been at a different game.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Having seen the goal on tv i would say it was Palmers as the ball seemed to deflect in off him.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A deserved victory for Rovers, the only disappointment being the scoreline, which does not give a true reflection of the game: we were dominant and really should have won this by three or four.
Agree completely. The first half was poor by both teams though.
Second half, we were all over them apart from the odd counter from Bury which came to nothing. They are a poor side and the league doesn't lie at this stage of the season.

I thought we allowed a bit too much pressure in the last 10 minutes, pushed back a bit too deep, but in general, it was a good gusty display. Power was good again and seems to be getting a 'local hero' tag to his name, Robbo was excellent and caused problems out wide and the defence was fairly solid.

Great reaction from the players at the final whistle and you can see how much these wins mean. Keep saying it, but another week gone, another week at the top.

SWA!!