• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bromley v Rovers (16/17)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Thanks for the reports and the link.

Looked reasonably comfortable, though if Bromley had converted that sitter just before Norwood's second, could have been different.

Any comment from the manager as to why Maynard preferred to Vaughan at right-back? I share the concerns already posted about this.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Thanks for the reports and the link.

Any comment from the manager as to why Maynard preferred to Vaughan at right-back?

He said it was a difficult decision to leave Vaughan out, but did not give any real explanation.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We were playing without wingers, so I wonder if the decision to play Maynard at right-back was to give the team more width. Isn't Lois better at getting forward than Lee, as is Liam on the other flank? Fair play to GB, he's keeping everyone - even the established players - on their toes. I also noticed a very attack-minded bench with two/three wingers, which shows a positive, confident approach as well as a Plan B.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
It is the converse BBTC: Lee Vaughan is exceptionally good at getting forward, although he can at times be less convincing defensively. As RLC accurately reported we had hardly any attacks at all emanating from the right flank. I can recall only a couple of occasions of Lois getting forward in support with lays offs from Connor J to overlap onto not being read by Lois.

Yes the bench looked positive but to be honest it didn't comfort me. I was hoping to see a fully engaged Sutton on the bench itching to get on. It seems to me that to achieve success a strong fully motivated squad is an imperative rather than cold shouldering. I think Richie Sutton can be a very valuable squad member to have on board and the best managers do not adopt the autocratic approach.

M

Mal

We won 2-0 away. Maybe not like Barcelona in prime, but with Maynard playing where he did, nevertheless. It was also first competitive game of league season. I don't enjoy long ball game but it didn't affect the win.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's fair to say we were never going to lose that game. Onwards and upwards.