• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bristol Rovers (h) 5.4.2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Johnny Morrissey
Right this is a massive massive game for us. Hopefully the £5 offer will be taken up by a fair few extras (I'm bringing a couple of mates across from Manchester) and we can create a good atmosphere to help the lads gain them 3 vital points. Obviously we're still looking for Scunny and Leeds to slip up, but we HAVE to keep winning and putting pressure on them before we travel to face them two teams as well.

Scunny are in action at Wembley on Sunday in the LDV Vans final so a win for us would take us to within 1 point of them although having played 2 more games. But it would put them under pressure to pick up points in those fixtures knowing that we travel to Glanford Park.

Leeds face a tricky trip to Colchester on Saturday but I'd expect them to pick up at least a point in that fixture. Even we won there! lol\\:D/

Ronnie recognises it is a must win game (http://www.teamtalk.co.za/football/story/0,16368,1811_5134020,00.html) so we must go out with a positive approach and hopefully finish some of the chances that we've been creating. Pity Greenacre will likely miss the rest of the season, but Curran is back and looked reasonably sharp vs Everton the other night. Hopefully we can have enough goal power to take the game and bag those precious points.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The Pirates derailed our play-off push last winter, with a 2 goal win @PP and beat us by the same margin at their place last December, so we owe them. Afraid I don't share SCoops optimism about Curran, who seemed to have lost a yard or two at Achto's testimonial. Burns didn't offer much hope at that game either. Think we'll end up relying on the usual suspects and hope we can scrape a win. I'm not sure the £5 entry will bolster the gate hugely, but will try dragging a lapsed fan along to do my bit.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I don't think it's a must win game, I think last Saturday was. And we didn't win so here we are, miles adrift from the playoffs. Still, 7th would be a good achievment, and I'm hoping for a good game on Sat between two good sides. I do fancy us to win as we're at home, hopefully Cresswell will start and Curran will get a run out at some point. Don't be surprised if he scores the winner :)

Can't see a crowd in excess of 7,500...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be honest, most people have given up. Only the hardcore survive. The £5 offer will bring a few more through the gates, but I dont think it will be enough to make a huge difference. Can't knock the club for trying though. Shame it's too little too late.

Curran is bound to be rusty. He's been out for months and has only played a handful of reserve games plus a testimonial.

I think we'll win because our home form is impressive. 2-1.

I'm also getting a little tired of Ronnie's "must win" games..
"With six games to go six more clean sheets would be a help. We just need to start putting the chances away."
There's only six games to go! How long do you continue to say the same thing before actually doing something about it! We've been trying to put the chances away for half a season!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
The club has seemingly made a big effort for this one, with players handing out flyers around the local area to encourage people to come. The five pound price tag is bound to encourage some extra supprt but to be honest cant see us getting more than 7000. I think if we were still only a point short of those ahead of us or actually in the playoffs this would be different and we could well push 10k.
On the game itself unfortunately the playoffs are now really out of our hands and we are relying on other teams doing us favours and us going to both scunny and leeds and winning. Whilst not an impossible task its pretty close. But like I say not impossible, so saturday IS a must win game. Lose and any hope will be gone, at this time of the season we may as well go for it, we have little to lose.
I predict a win for the whites............2-0...........[-o<

og in oz

its still all to play for, the teams above will lose a game or 2.

Player
Goodison
Ronnie Moore will still be saying we have must win games after the season has ended! Every game is must win otherwise what's the point in turning up?!

Player
Liam Palmer
If the negativity on this site is anything to go by, we might as well not turn up on Sunday. Agree it's almost all over, but while there's still hope and all that, you've still got to believe.

Strangely, the club I think we can still catch is MK. They are crap, they are on a bad run and they have some tricky fixtures.

Come on boys, let's give it one more go... then the recriminations can start...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Hope people don't turn up with those attitudes to the ground tomorrow. Admittedly it's an uphill task to get up there into the play offs, but there is still a chance, albeit a small one, and we as fans can help generate a good atmosphere for the players to help them get a win.

Keep the faith boys and girls!=D>

Player
Goodison
We're still in with a really good chance - Scunthorpe are going to have a major fixture backlog as a result of them been in the JPT final which could work in our favour. We need to win all our remaining games especially Walsall away which could be a bit of an insurance policy if we slip up against Leeds.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
We just need to win as many points as we possibly can. We can't decide what Leeds and Scunny (and now Southend who are in great form) do but we can put pressure on them by continuing to win. If they slip up we need to be in a position to capitalise, which means we probably need 14 points from the last 6 games, at least.

Come on Rovers! \\:D/[-o<

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If we win today, we'll be one point off sixth place. That gives me a little more hope! We'll have to take each game as it comes because I'm sure teams in the top six will lose as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.