• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bristol Rovers 1-1 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think really were feeling quite disappointed after that result.
A draw is a great result having played 45 minutes with 10 men, but I actually thought we were going to win that.

Such a shame they couldn't hold onto the lead, but never-the-less, the tremendous unbeaten run continues, and it's home to high flying Donny next!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Bit disappointed really. Although I would have taken a draw beforehand, even more so after the sending off, having taken the lead late-ish on, disappointed we couldn't hold on to take what would have been a vital 3 points.

Well done to the lads for battling performance, but we have 3 difficult games upcoming so 3 points would have been even more precious today.

But hey, 8 unbeaten, we're still in the play off zone, we're in confident mood still so can't really complain too much. Hop we can build on these good results and make the season worthwhile. Come on you whites!\\:D/

Player
Goodison
Our season may be about to end - Mullin is back :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Good result though and hopefully we can push on - I hope my fears are not confirmed in the next 3 matches.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
A good point considering the circumstances. Shame we couldn't hold on but not a bad point. We could do with beating Doncaster next week though and hopefully John Mullin will perform well. I'm a bit disappointed that we aren't going to appeal by the sounds of Ronnie... because my cousin who went said it was a yellow at worst and the ref was a homer.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'd have chewed your hand off for a point before the game. So I'm made up with the result. Yes we could have had three points, but how often have we said that in the past and got absolutely nothing. This team is much more than halfway decent, we've got something out of a game against a team who made us look stupid at home. It's a good result and keeps the belief going.

Other results didn't go our way today, but so long as we keep putting points on the board, we'll make the play-offs.

Player
Liam Palmer
I thought Doncaster getting beat and Leeds dropping two points was pretty decent. Should be a cracker on Saturday, decent crowd and everything to play for.

C'mon the SWA!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Ronnie says we're not appealing the red card as the ref had told him he'd seen the replay and not to bother basically, you can't win with these people. We tried last time and got an extra game ban for Goodi so probably not worth the hassle.

As for Jenno's replacement, I like Mullin. He's full of running and is a bit more creative than Stevie so it could be a plus if he helps us score a few goals. Lets not get negative about him, I expect him to come in and do a good job for the team. It could have been worse guys, Ahmed could get a game!](*,)

Player
Liam Palmer
I agree, he should be up for it and raring to go coz he's played so little football this season. Fresh legs in midfield at this stage of the season would be a good thing. I just hope we go for it on Saturday - I think if we sit back or are too tentative, Donny could take advantage. We've started really well in home games recently, no reason to suspect that will change.

Wonder if Gareth Taylor will get near their team on Saturday......? :-k

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's a shame about Jennings. He's not a dirty player at all, and he'll be missed for a few games. Admittedly, not as much as Goodison was missed, but he's played very well this season. I'm confident Mullin can step in and do the job, just hope he's match sharp.

Went to this game. The ref was an absolute numbty totally clueless. Jennings should have had a yellow and a jolly good telling off rather than a straight red..... As for Bristol they were shocking. How they beat us at PP i'll never know. I'd suspect if we had 11 men during the second half then we could have won it 0-2.
Our Mr Stockdale had a shocker, if we had been playing against Donny or a side that could hit a barn door a six paces then we would have been punished severley. Lost count on how many balls he gave away or drifted into dreamland and got caught on the ball.
Ian ran his socks off as usual until he was taken off but all in all a point away from home is good but it could have been so easily 3.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Just seen the highlights again on Tranmere world... I still think the sending off was harsh but to be fair to the ref you could see easily that Jennings didn't play the ball. Great header by Kay even if he was totally unmarked... but poor defending by us for their goal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Don't share the confidence of some of the posters on Mullin. He looked well short of match fitness when coming on for the last half hour v Yeovil and last season faded after a good start. Ronnie seems to think he's wonderful though. Personally, especially for away gamesw would play Chorley at the back and push Kay forward into midfield instead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we're stronger with Kay at the back and Mullin in midfield rather than Kay in midfield and Chorley at the back. I think Kay's a better defender. As I said earlier though, I would be concerned over Mullin's match sharpness.

Ally

Player
Aldo
To be fair Mullin didn't look too bad when he came on for the 2nd half on Saturday. Goodison had an excellent game, particularly in the second half. Kay looked a bit shaky in the first half but was better in the second, and nodded in his goal well. We were defo better team in first half, with Phillips making an excellent save from a close-range Moore snap-shot after good work from the left-footed JMW on the right (he got loads of abuse from the home fans due to his City connections, it got to him a bit I think).

Ref was absolutely awful in the first half, but seemed better in the second. Perhaps he realised he'd gone too far with the bookings and dreadful Jenno decision. It really wasn't a red at all - a yellow would have been a tad harsh I think.

Their goal came from a period of sharp passing, and was coming as they looked to make the extra man count. We had been playing well, soaking up pressure and threatening with the odd counter-attack. After we scored however, it was looking pretty ominous that they'd come back. After they did, we held on well and deserved the point.

All in all, not a bad result considering we played 45 minutes with 10 men, against a side who have been strong at home recently.

Also, ?17 to get in, ?1 for a cup of tea, and ?2.50 for a belter of a pasty. Not surprised they won the best value award for league one. Mind you, half their ground is a marquee that's been nicked from a wedding hire firm...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think we're stronger with Kay at the back and Mullin in midfield rather than Kay in midfield and Chorley at the back. I think Kay's a better defender. As I said earlier though, I would be concerned over Mullin's match sharpness.

Agreed Kay's better as a defender. To my mind the question is whether Mullin is a better midfielder than Chorley is a defender. Difficult to decide, as not like for like, but I think would rather see a side with Chorley in it.