• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Brentford v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not been a good hunting ground for us in recent years. The 4-0 hammering and the leg-break that effectively ended Haworth's career spring to mind. I went last year when we deservedly lost 2-0 in a clueless performance.

Just hoping we go for the jugular, as they're in a spot of bother at present, but I get the feeling a draw is the most likely outcome.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Brentford havent won in 18 games, I just have a bad feeling as its always against Tranmere that teams end their enormous losing runs! Hopefully not though. If they get amongst them early doors and set the high tempo and get the wingers running at them then it maybe different. Hopefully so as we really need 3 points from this one I feel.

Anyone making the long trek down there?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I've got a bad feeling about this one too. I think we'll scrape a draw.

Prove me wrong Whites!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes it would be typical Tranmere to be the team that loses to Brentford. Hopefully they do the business and prove us wrong... No complacency tomorrow please Tranmere!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'll be there, as I was last year, when I should have realised we were going to struggle. We have a poor record against sides in the bottom half of the table. It's not going to be a walkover. I'll be very relieved if we win and not too unhappy if we scrape a draw.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
A draw away from home is always a decent result. But can we go that one further and win?!

Brentford are on a terrible run of form, and to be fair, have been all season.
Their only good month was August when they won 2 league games and a cup game.

Since then, they've lost 12 games. 4 in September, 3 in October and didn't record a win at all in November losing four times. They are currently on a run of 7 consecutive defeats! With their last win recorded on 17th October when they won on penalties in the JPT (4-2). Both teams couldn't find the back of the net for 120 mins.

Their last league win was on the 2nd September! And they haven't scored a league goal since October 21st when they drew 2-2 with Gillingham.

Abysmal record and you would expect to get something from this game. But like Coops says, the curse will break and it's more than likely going to happen with us.

But I remain confident after the solid performance against Scunthorpe and think we'll win this 2-0.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The team that started our season against Oldham...

Team: Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, Mullin, McLaren, Ellison, Greenacre, Taylor.

Subs: Achterberg, Tremarco, Harrison, Davies, Zola.

Suprised to see Davies and Tremarco on the bench as I thought they weren't going to be ready til next weekend. So it seems its just Jennings and McAteer we are waiting on injury wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.