• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bradford vs Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
whats happening eh? theres about two days to go and we havent got a pre match thread going. we all still a bit hung over from tuesday?
anyway, enough about tuesday, what do you reckon about the weekend? apparently davies might be getting a chance at last and i reckon he will grab it with both hands. reckon we'll win 2-1 with davies getting one but not sure about the other. greenacre?
sorry to open up an old topic but aside from greenacre, who do you see getting the goals for us on a consistent basis?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not going to this one, but having been at both games last season, both the Cup defeat with the denied penalty and "did the ball really cross the line" goal and one of the grimmest 0-0s I've ever seen, maybe our luck will change for the better.

Not sure I share your confidence in Steve Davies, White Life, but I'd certainly like to see him given more of a chance, bring him on as a sub regularly and his confidence might grow. Think we've a squad where goals can come from all quarters and it's not like last season where we were heavily dependent on Chris Greenacre.

Also note that Chris Dagnall starting to come into form at Rochdale. It's a league below and he's taken some time to settle, but like the other Chris, he's an instinctive striker and maybe the previous manager should have persevered with him more.

Ally

Player
Aldo
I think we'll struggle (particularly as I'm going to the game and as you know I AM A MASSIVE JINX).

Injuries have started to impact on our small squad already and to be fair a point would be a decent result.

So... I'm going for 7-7. Fancy some goals.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm not too confident about this one either... just something about Bradford. Recently we never do well there... think the last win there came in 1998? We don't seem to have much luck there either... sendings off, disputed penalties and goals that weren't. Hope the lads can prove me wrong and hope that Sherriff will be able to cope with an on form Windass, I think McCready would have done a good job on him. Hopefully Mullin will be fit.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Team: Ward, Stockdale, Goodison, Sherriff, Tremarco, Shuker, McAteer, Mullin, Ellison, Greenacre, Zola.

Subs: Achterberg, James, Harrison, Jones, Davies.

Surprised to see Zola start after Davies being told he would start... thought it may have been better to put Zola on bench.

Anyone else going on the chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.