• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bradford (2) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Bradford

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bradford (2) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Valley Parade
Friday, March 29, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, March 29, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
An ok first half that the hosts have probably edged. Apter and Morris not too involved. Got 0-0 written all over it but hopefully we can get a goal as defending fairly well

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Looked like we could have defended that better. Surprised only 1 change by Nigel with Taylor for Apter

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
2-0 and we’ve been crap. Far too easy for them

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0 ffs

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
2 subs. Hawkes protecting a makeshift full-back in the form of Merrie feels like high risk. Thought Saunders was playing well and surprised he’s the one to make way

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are 2-0 down and passing back to the keeper on the half way line ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Off the line by O'Connor. Opened up like a can of beans in this half.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Simply awful. Cut apart by a team with a terrible recent record. Could have had 4 or 5.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can now confess I voted for a home win. Even now, Rovers seem to play badly when facing out of form teams. I was particularly worried when I saw the team. Our first eleven is good but our reserves are not League Two standard. Fortunately we are safe and the game doesn’t matter much.

I notice that Colchester had a fine but late win today. I expect them to hive us a stern test on Monday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Bradford edged the first half but totally dominated the second and as ADD said could have been a lot worse. Gareth Roberts on IFollow said after the second went in, we seemed to lose any fight. While I don't think it would have changed the outcome, not sure Nigel got his subs right. Sam Taylor needs to be given a chance in a more central role, Saunders was playing quite well and on another day Luke Norris gets a second yellow for that high foot.
A good game to be ill for...

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Really disappointing as once again we’ve played an out of form side who were there for the taking, and lost.
First half they probably edged but neither side looked great going forward.
Second half within a few minutes we could have took the lead. Saunders saw a decent shot saved and Davies sent a free header from a corner over. After that we were rubbish and it could have been more than two as they hit the post and dominated the last half an hour. Some observations:

Hendry and Jennings didn’t work as a central two away from home. Yes both good going forward but neither defensively any good. Jennings gave a number of dangerous free kicks away and Hendry was poor overall.

Morris contributed little and was lost in the second half playing centrally as a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1. Sam Taylor looked out of his depth and Luke Norris had an awful game. He had the first touch of a donkey and barely looked like a professional footballer

Today was the type of game where if we’re poor up front then you dig in away from home and take a point. But the defence had no protection and they cut us open at will in the second half. Once again I’m thinking Nigel got his selection wrong with the middle of midfield. Merrie is decent in there but had another poor cameo at left back. Even Lewis is ok in the middle but Hendry and Connor just didn’t work for me.

Last edited:

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Why oh why do we always play crap and help teams out no matter what happens in the summer some of this team needs shifting on. Now i know Saunders has pace but 2 goals in 36 and 5 in 41 for the whole time he has been at the club. Is just simply not good enough i don't care if he is fastbut you need to contribute to the game aswell. We need to stop pampering to players and get guys in who can at least get to around 12 to 15 a season at this rate he will get to double figures by the time he has 150 games and its not just him others need to have a hard look at them selves because a fair few have been piss poor this season. Ahh well on hols now see ya all in 2 weeks

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Luke Norris had an awful game. He had the first touch of a donkey and barely looked like a professional football. Absolutely, Sparky. If he is supposed to be our central striker for next season, god help us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Saunders had chances today but his finishing is not good in most cases. Norris had a poor game but I still don't think he's 100% yet. I think the big problem in this game was the midfield. No defensive cover to start with and attacking wise it did not support the front two. It also didn't help that we kept lumping it aimlessly down the channels. It was disjointed and the home side grew in confidence as the game went on.