• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Bradford (2) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Bradford

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bradford (2) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Valley Parade
Friday, March 29, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, March 29, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
The pitch looks like a good old one from the 80s. Just seen the highlights of there Notts county defeat it could have been 10 - 0 if they leave space like that Apter will have field day but knowing Tranmere we will kick start there season 6-0 Bradford. Lol

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Jennings will be available as the cut off point for 10 bookings has passed, Davies back in training since Monday so hopefully he will play

Reactions: Ian
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Not to pit the mockers on our fixture, but the forecast isn't great!
And the pitch can't hold a certain amount of damp.
it's a shocker!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ll be at valley parade but not particularly looking forward to it. Neither team has anything to play for and I suspect some of the players are counting down the games. It could end up with a pre season friendly type atmosphere.
Davies will certainly return if fit and it’ll be interesting whether Saunders is recalled.

Bradford are on a shocking run of form….so you know what that means!

Apparently there’s some kind of demo before the game against the Bradford board.

I expect us to be totally professional and not allow our standards to drop just because the playoffs are out of reach. And not just because any player in the 11 who might be tempted to slacken off wouldn't, or at least shouldn‘t, expect to be here next season.

Assuming we‘re properly prepared, and hoping they aren’t, an away win is almost nailed on. Maybe…;)

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
You'd think anyone not in the squad unless very young, would be on their way? Davies has to be the second left back next season otherwise there is no point in him. If Lewis is still local he may settle for a back up spot on a modest contract rather than move away, not for me but he has had a lot of managers trust him incl Nigel. Maybe NL, including Micky, might be active this week yet?

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
You have to wonder how we get past the home grown players rule in the future, especially if Joe retires.
I think it's three in the registered squad?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’ll be at valley parade but not particularly looking forward to it. Neither team has anything to play for and I suspect some of the players are counting down the games. It could end up with a pre season friendly type atmosphere.
Yes, I have the same concern. If you factor in Bradford's atrocious pitch it might not be a great spectacle.

I have seen calls for fringe players like Belahouan and Starbuck to play, but I think we should always start with our strongest possible side in competitive matches. I am sure Adkins has already made his mind up about players who have barely featured, the majority of whom almost certainly are not good enough.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Two of the home games, possibly three if Wimbledon are in with a play-off shout when we meet are against opponents with something to play for. All 3 away matches are against sides with only the mid-table Cup to go for. Particularly with the state of the Bradford pitch, I think there is a strong case for resting some players for the Colchester game a couple of days later, as think we must pick out strongest side against the Us. I wouldn’t be inclined to have Walker in the squad at Bradford and leave Luke Norris on the bench. Maybe give Sam Taylor and one of Merrie/McAlear a start in midfield. Nigel rated the likes of Belehouan and Starbuck enough to give them contract extensions, so I don’t think he’s already decided to dump all of them at the end of the season yet.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think Adkins likes to rotate too much. Yes, there are occasional rotations but he picks from pretty much the same pool. Merrie has recently got a look in but he's been frozen out for months as has Taylor. Players like Belehouan and Starbuck are well away from a starting place from what I've seen of Adkins' selections so far.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nigel did a massive rotation for the Swindon game which was more important than this match and the same 2 days from the previous fixture. Not that it worked. If he holds Davies back to Monday then just rest Walker and Luke Norris, if Wood unfit a maximum of 3 changes and an ability to put out something resembling our strongest side against Colchester.

I’m currently cold-ridden so probably will have to resort to IFollow for this one. Will try to get to Accrington instead

Player
Manager
John King
The Swindon game was the only occasion Adkins really rotated, as we had the vital Sutton game a few days later. His decision was vindicated as we beat Sutton.

There is no reason to rotate tomorrow, other than the usual fitness issues of players like Walker who struggle to play successive matches.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I’m not sure would agree the Sutton game was any more vital for Rovers than the Swindon one. However for the integrity of the competition we should be looking to field our strongest side against a Colchester team fighting for FL survival. If there is to be any rotation and protecting of players, the Bradford match is the one to do it in.

Player
Manager
John King
I think we should play our strongest available team in every remaining game. Our interests come first and we want to finish the season in reasonable form, rather than with the damp squib of last season. Several hundred fans are paying to travel tomorrow and deserve to see a competitive side.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Totally right play our strongest team there is no point paying players who won't be with the club next season. Well boys we are flying out at 8 in morning so hope the lads do us proud. And chat on 12 days

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ahead of rumours they’ll be protests against the Bradford board the chairman has released a statement. Interesting comparing it to Mark Palios recent one.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ahead of rumours they’ll be protests against the Bradford board the chairman has released a statement. Interesting comparing it to Mark Palios recent one.

I'm sure there budget will be better than the likes of Crewe, Barrow, Crawley and Wimbledon

Player
Manager
John King
Walker and Wood will be unavailable for both Easter matches according to Nigel.

Hopefully Merrie rather than McAlear features in midfield tomorrow.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would think Merrie will have to fill in at left back, so that would mean McAlear in midfield. Unless Nigel uses James Norris.