• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bradford 0-3 Tranmere

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well, a comprehensive victory over a very poor Bradford side. How they have fallen so badly, what was it, 6 years ago when they were a Premier League side? They were quite frankly dreadful today, but take nothing away from Rovers who performed well and could and should have won by more goals.

First of all, interesting team selection, no place at all for Craig Curran (does anyone know why???) and Shane starting on the left side of midfield. Now I've said he'd probably be better suited in midfield for a while - he's a good passer, a decent crosser of the ball, and well, he's not such a good defender to be honest! Actually, Shane had a very good game today imo, linking well with young Andy Taylor.

Good to see Chrissy G back in the goals, hopefully that will boost his confidence and he can start finding the net more regularly again, took his goals well, albeit with the non-existant Bradford defending.

Great strike by Stevie Jennings too, one for MOTD later hopefully, great 25 yarder. The midfield looked good and balanced. Lots of good passing, lots of movement, which has been lacking of recent weeks, so it was good to see, lets hope it can continue a lot more through the season.

Finally, great support from the SWA. A few mindless comments from some of the younger members which I disliked, but mostly good support of the team making loads of noise, and I'm sure the players would have benefited from the support. Free coaches to ALL away games Lorraine??? :lol:

Good to be in the third round, just hope we don't get a crappy draw like we normally do. But I think we will .... oh well, wouldn't be Tranmere if we didn't!

SWA =D>

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can only echo your comments Coops. Great win to put us into the third round draw and a nice slice of revenge after a couple of bad results over the last few years at Valley Parade. 8)

Got there about 2.40pm and it was great to see all the coaches lined up. Brilliant! =D>

I cannot believe how poor Bradford were, did anyone expect this to be so easy? It's been quite a while since we've played such a poor side, but credit to the lads, performed very well today.

I just hope this gives them confidence in the league too!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Bradford were poor but thought we were excellent. Not one player had a bad game in my opinion. What a ball from Shuker for the 2nd... I could watch that all day. Hopefully Greenacre will kick on now he's back in the goals. My man of the match would be Andy Taylor. Didn't put a foot wrong all game!

Hereford in the next round... not the big money spinning tie everyone was hoping for but a good chance to get through. That's not saying it won't be tough... they have knocked out Leeds and Hartlepool so far and are going well in the league.

Claire

Anyone else get stuck on coach 22?

My lads were on it, not only did it break down onthe way there (they eventually arrived at 2.00pm)it had a slight altercation with a MINI!!!!!!!!!at a roundabout about 5 minutes from the ground on the way home. Had to wait for ages for the police to arrive and then a replacement coach was sent from Warrington - good job there was an 'offie'close by. They eventually got back to PP at 10.30pm.
Can someone reassure then this is not the norm!!, they were made up, haven't stopped talking about it since they got home, the fact we won paled into comparison.
Thank God for mobile phones, I'd have been demented otherwise.

And before anyone asks why I didn't go -I'm a jinx, we always get beat when I go to away matches!!

Claire