• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bournemouth Vs Tranmere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Right onto Bournemouth then. A tough trip as they will be fighting for points to avoid the drop but hopefully we can get another away win to keep the pressure on Blackpool, Oldham and Yeovil. If we could win this one it would really set us up nicely for the home game against Carlisle and its a chance to do a rare double over a team. No early injury worries although this may come too soon for Thompson but he should definitely be back for Carlisle. McAteer will be back in the squad so its only really Achterberg who is definitely missing. I think one of the worries we may have is that Mullin and McLaren are treading a tightrope with bookings and maybe they may not be going into the tackles as much as they would to try and avoid getting a suspension. Definitely a game we can win but need to give another performance like last weeks one.

Player
Morrisey
I thought that all the bans for yellows had been scrubbed now. I am really confident about this one. I think we will win 3-0. Greenacre grabbing a hat-trick. I know it is optimistic but a hat-trich has been coming all season and he is as good form as he has been for a while. A win here would be ace and if we keep pressure on then Blackpool will slip up. Thommo back would be a great boost for us and hopefully we can emmulate the for of earlier this season with him back. =D>

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think those players who've already had a ban for 5 yellows before the cut-off point can get a 2 game ban for 10. Mullin, McClaren, Goodison, McCready & Tremarco in this group from memory.

A win on the South coast would be welcome, but Rovers are very unpredictable at present. Also Blackpool are loaning some more players, whereas we're not even making full use of the squad we have.

Player
Morrisey
I think that those who have over ten bookings also have their bans scrubbed sometime in April dont they? Every one is loaning except for us but I understand our financial predicament.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Loads of players joining League 1 teams on loan, but I don't believe there were all that many decent ones. Blackpool signed a guy who can't even get in the Hudds team. Fear not boys! Come on Rovers!

As for the game - its another cup final - they all are from now on in. If we show the same commitment and passion as it seems was on show last week at Vale Park we won't go far wrong. I'm hopeful of a good result and some of the others around us slipping up too.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't see many teams around us slipping up... only Doncaster who play Bristol City and possibly Blackpool who travel to Bradford who I think will come good. But the beauty of football is you never know.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Blackpool and Doncaster the teams around us? Only Oldham missing, the others are a bit too far behind (hopefully) or too far ahead (sadly).

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I haven't included Yeovil who are still catchable at only 5 points ahead and a tough run in. Oldham also I think will win today as will Swansea.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
No McLaren today... must have picked up a late injury which is a blow.

Team: Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, McAteer, Mullin, Ellison, Taylor, Greenacre.

Subs: Hinchliffe, Zola, Davies, Tremarco, Harrison.

Come on Rovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.