• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Blackpool 3-2 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I am completely deflated after that game and also a little shocked at what went on.

I believe we would have won that game had the referee had some sense. Nine men in just too much for any team and although the lads battled well in the second resctricting Blackpool to just one other goal, I can't help feeling a litle cheated and annoyed at the decisions.

We started the game slowly, and god knows what Ward was doing giving the ball away cheaply. He's made far too many simple errors over the last few months and hope to god we dont see him next season. Enough is enough..

But my MOM Zola shone through and got us back into the game twice. After we scored just after the break, I thought that was it, we were going to win!

Then the incident happened which changed and completely ruined a good game. I believe Mullin was challenging for the ball, but managed to upend their player who then started rolling aroud on the floor. Their players and manager then started jumping on the bandwagon winding our players up.

The referee who was a joke all game, sent Mullin off. Now bearing in mind, this wasn't a dirty game at all, the referee should have seen sense a gave him a yellow. I don't believe it was a red card offence.

Not sure entirely what happened with McAteer other than him running towards their manager and having a few words. Not sure if their were fists flying about, but then he gets sent off a minute later.

All of a sudden, we're down to 9 men and it's backs against the walls. So we had 8 men behind the ball for the rest of the game with a lone man up front feeding off long balls which came to no good. You couldn't blame the players for this. 2 men down, what are you to do?!?

We were really picking up momentum in the second half though and honstly thought we could have won that game. Blackpool were not a good team by any means. With a three man advantage (+referee) they only managed to score 1 more against us, they were poor.

But same old story I'm afraid. Coming away with zero points and slipping further down. It sickens me to think Blackpool are now fifth and nine points ahead of us.

There's a lot of thinking and changing that needs to be done pre-season.
Get rid of the deadwood such as Ward, Ellison, Taylor.. We need better quality players to get out of this league.

Also, I think Ronnie should play Zola from the start for Monday's game. He's earned his spot and would like to see him instead of Gareth Taylor who has been completely useless for the past few months.

But it was a lovely day and the sun was shining. Great turnout again from the SWA and it's such a shame we couldn't have gone away with 3 points. We would have deserved them.

I have a feeling Monday's game will see a poor attendance. Should we give up yet?!?

S

slawlane

I went to the game yesturday, brilliant day for football, 1st visit to Blackpool, grounds a bit poor but nevertheless it was set up for an exciting game

straight away it seemed as if the referee and his officials had it in for Tranmere. Gavins shocker cost us dearly especially at his age with all his experience its extreamly embarressing and he didnt even hold up his hands, just lay there on the ground, which is a different story every game when we concead puts his hands on his hips and blames others.

besides Gavins howler, Tranmere got more comfortable in attacking and we got our 1st against a 12 man Blackpool thanks to a pressurising Zola. However their 12th man again proved decisive as a clear freekick to Tranmere was waved on and not to dismiss Tranmeres poor pressuring inside the box they added to the result making it 2-1.

2ND HALF
straight away Tranmere looked more powerful, revealing Blackpool for the weak team that they were, and it eventually paid off with Zola scoring his second in a crowded box. I even said to me brother that the referee will either give away a peno just so he could get his side a 3rd, but it come in the form of 2 Red

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not much reaction to the game at all. Have we all given up?!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I didn't go to the game and feel that the result has effectively ended our season, so my answer to Ian's question is yes.

A couple of other things. It seemed that Ronnie finally changed tactics and until the double sending off, that seemed to be getting us somewhere. Having seen the "highlights" it looked like Mullin's tackle was bad, but harsh to issue a red card imo. They don't illuminate McAteer's behaviour clearly, but from what I've read elsewhere, he deserved to walk. However the ref,s failure to caution any Blackpool players at all for their part in the scrum that followed was poor.

I won't be going today. It sounds like Ronnie won't be picking any of the youngsters until it's mathematically impossible to go up, if then. Will try to catch the Scunthorpe/Brentford games.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It was one of the worst performances i have seen from a ref... every decision went Blackpool's way. Too many to mention. One of their men should of gone for a start when McAteer went and Mullin should have only got a yellow. Like Ian I felt cheated although you can't let it hide the fact that at key times this season we just haven't been good enough. Zola did really well and I was impressed with him.