• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Bas Savage

Mate of mine who is a Millwall fan says RM has been sniffing around enquirying after this fella. Tall striker who can't score for s**t, can't see it myself, well flippin well hope not! Has been loaned out a lot in his career; Reading on 3 occassions i believe. Hope he isn't a replacement for Zola :-? as this fella scores even less goals :-k

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
League Totals:

Apps: 76 (33 as sub)
Goals: 13

That's about 1 goal in every six games.
Ohh dear god..

Ronnie does like his target men, so maybe he's thinking he'll be a good partnership with Greenacre and the long ball system.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
If he wants a target man, look for a decent one Ronnie! Not one who has been released by Millwall! I know people are gonna start asking for names of available ones, and I aint done my research, but surely there's someone better out there. Give me an hour or two and I'll find us one!!!:-D

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Looking at the PFA transfer directory and found the following names:

• Enoch Showumni - Bristol City, tall decent striker when I've seen him play, strong and a full Nigeria International no less!
  • Wayne Andrews - latterly of Coventry but also Oldham where he played a couple of excellent games against us if I'm not mistaken.
Ok I'm clutching at straws here and that site is a bit rubbish, but surely we can get someone a bit better? Or am I dreaming???:???:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd take him on a free, but if we're parting with money, surely there must be better people on offer? Hoping they knock us back.

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Money must be the problem

I'm less than impressed with any of the signings so far. Three rejects from clubs which finished below us last season plus a player who left Port Vale for the League of Ireland. The fact Ritchie Jones chose Hartlepool over Rovers (and even Port Vale were his second choice) worries me. Added to this we have lost two (probably three) first-teamers on Bosmans.

There is obviously a reason for all this and it must be (lack of) money. I'm hoping Ronnie's man management skills will bring the best out of his new signings, but feel the best we can hope for is mid-table. Let's pray for at least one decent cup run to put money in the coffers. What a shame we can't play Liverpool every week!

Damb! my mate is laughing his sock off especially if we paid a sheckle for him. No1 striker, heavens above, I think he was 4th string at Millwall. I agree with everyone else. These signings aren't exactly mouth watering are they?

Hope and pray, Hope and pray![-o<

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is it known if we paid a fee for him, if so how much? Like a lot of you I'm distinctly underwhelmed by the new signings to date.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, all frees I think. We can't afford much else, and they do say you get what you pay for! LOL

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
If he moonwalks for us that can only mean good things! Let's hope he gets a regular spot on Soccer AM this season, when he starts knocking them in eh?