• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

at last!!!!

favo94

Player
Was ian sharps
Buzzing again after the signings this week, espically bringing mr coyne back!! bring on the leeds!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good to see the signings have sparked some enthausiasm from the supporters. I wonder if there will be any more soon? It's been a great week though hasn't it? Can't beat making new signings, whether they turn out to be good or bad, it good to see new faces.

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
This Is R Yr 2 Shine Forget Forest Forget Leeds We Will Run The Show This Time Round!!!!!!!!;-)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Robbie Foy signing before the end of the week apparently... left winger by the way.

Player
Goodison
great signing, hopefully we can get a good young goalkeeper to be behind Achto and Coyne. So we have a goalkeeper for the future and a bit of back up - Achto's fitness is not going to get much less dodgy at his age. Or promote a reserve a youth keeper if there any good.

Who's Robbie Foy? We do need a left winger!

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
He used to play for liverpool's youth team. He went to Scunthorpe last season and they didnt keep him on.... I think, feel free to correct me?? lol

I know a guy who's mates with him and there was mention of him coming to Tranmere before but it never meterialised. Lets just hope we get someone good hey :lol:

Player
Johnny Morrissey
He used to play for liverpool's youth team. He went to Scunthorpe last season and they didnt keep him on.... I think, feel free to correct me?? lol

I know a guy who's mates with him and there was mention of him coming to Tranmere before but it never meterialised. Lets just hope we get someone good hey :lol:

All correct what you say there my friend. He was on loand at Jester too before he signed for Scunny last year. Decent player by all accounts, will wait and see what happens!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
My brother's a Scunny fan and couldn't understand why they let him go in the first place!

So if we do get him, could another decent signing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
According to Wikipedia...

Robbie Foy (born October 28, 1985 in Edinburgh, Scotland) is a professional football player, who plays as a winger for Scunthorpe United.

Foy came through the ranks at the Liverpool Academy and began training full-time at Melwood as he was a sensation during the 2003/2004 season. He made his senior debut as a substitute during the pre-season win over Wrexham in July 2004. He was also a substitute, albeit unused, for the first team during the Carling Cup win over Tottenham.

He is traditionally a winger and has the ability to play on the right wing as well up front but most see him at his best on the left.

Foy finished the 2004/2005 season at Chester City after a three-month loan spell.

In August 2005 Foy was again sent out on loan, this time for a five-month spell at Wrexham. He made 12 appearances for Liverpool reserves during the 2005-06 season, scoring 3 times. He was given a free transfer by Liverpool in May 2006.

Foy undertook a trial with SPL side Dunfermline Athletic during July 2006, but failed to gain a contract due to financial circumstances.

At the end of July Foy, a Scottish U21 internationalist, undertook a trial with Grimsby Town; he impressed during their final friendly match, but yet again, financial circumstances stopped negotiations. He signed for Scunthorpe United in August 2006.

foy_robbie_lfc_profile_2004.jpg
player_42.jpg

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sounds like he could be yet another promising signing. I can't wait for the Leeds game.

If Foy does sign, I'm wondering if Ronnie will be after any more players. Actually, I think he'll have enough. My reasoning is that all positions are more or less covered, except perhaps goalie if Achto gets another long-term injury. No point in paying good wages to experienced pros to sit on the bench every week or not even travel with the team.

I would rely on loanees to fill injuries or loss of form. Most of ours have been good players.