• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Any Other Irish Tranmere Supporters Out There

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Anyone else from Ireland on in this forum?? There used to be a Supporters Club in the mid 90's over here but I think it's been disbanded at this stage. If anyone's interested in starting a new SC up, let me know. i'd be well into travelling to Prenton Park for matches. Ryan Air flight are so bloody cheap these days. \:D/ :whistle: :?:

DixieDean

welcome!

I've not seen any other Irish fans on here, but you never know.

So, what made you want to follow the Rovers then?

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Strange reason. When I was 13 I started in a new school and every guy in my class was either a fan of Man U, Liverpool or Arsenal and I got really bored listening to them go on about how good they were.

I remember telling my Mum and just before the start of the new football season she got the local paper out on the football section and we decided to close our eyes and stick a pin in and whatever team it was stuck on I'd learn about and support them.

That was 17 years ago and I'm still a fan. I even impressed myself by joining the supporters club, buying books and every new shirt that came out. :D

J

Johnny King is God

Bloody glory hunters.....

Only joking [obviously] welcome to the site!

H

Hendrix

I'm from Belfast....supported Tranmere for 17 years (since 1988)
not many of us around these parts....

J

Johnny King is God

Crikey, another one. Welcome to you too Henrix. The White Review Irish Branch is up and running. I wonder if there are any more lurking around!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Johnny I joined an Irish Tranmere Fan Club in 1991 for about 2 years and I was member number 18. I asked the secretary during a friendly how many members there were and she told me I was their newest member. Anytime Rovers ever came to Dublin for pre-season friendlies we'd have about 6 people behind the goal!! And about 4 of them were just there to meet Aldo!!!

Ah those crazy days!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

F

Fergal

irish supporters (Yippee, im not the only one)

I know this link is a few months old but id said id give it a go. Ive been a tranmere rovers fan for 12 years. Started following them when I was around 12/13 because of the legendary Aldo. I remember seeing adds in the Evening herald about the tranmere supporters club in dublin I think, up to about 8 years ago and then it disappeared. Im from tralee but live in Dublin for the moment!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Ah good man yourself Fergal.

I was indeed one of the motley crue of Irish Supporters way back when. I've tried tracking some of the others down but with no luck.

Good to see a response again though.

I sent you a private message mate.