• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Antony Kay signed from Barnsley

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Decent signing imo. He's a tough defender, might get a fair few yellow cards though!!! Will wait and see how well he will do, welcome to Tranmere Antony!=D>

Player
Morrisey
Got excluded from their last game of the season for drink problem. should begood. Kicks anything that moves in the other colours. We will need another defender to compensate for all his suspensions. Two years is ambitious though. Would like to see the likes of Sherriff, Shuker and McLaren get extensions otherwise we risk loosing them.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think its a good signing although possibly worrying that he has a drink problem but hopefully the club won't stand for any messing. Possible captain too for next season having been Barnsley's vice captain.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I think its a good signing although possibly worrying that he has a drink problem but hopefully the club won't stand for any messing. Possible captain too for next season having been Barnsley's vice captain.

I'd say the drinking may have come up in talks and RM doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will tolerate that kind of thing.

As for the captaincy, I'd imagine Goodison may get the nod from Ronnie, maybe we should open a poll Ian, who SHOULD be the skipper this season?

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Like the prospect of having a hard case in the back four. We have been a bit soft centred in defence for a few years now - Clint Hill had his fair share of cards but the opposition knew what they were in for.
Wonder if Shuker helped to sell the club to him?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think Ronnie likes his drink but i'd like to think he wouldn't let any of the players get away with excessive drinking. Ronnie was saying he wanted a natural leader as captain and I think Kay brings that qualtiy to the team. I'd be suprised if he didn't get the captaincy.

Player
Morrisey
I dont think it was excessive drinking to be honest. The club has a no drink policy and he broke that. It could have been half a tin for al we know.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, really pleased. Ronnie was after a tough central defender and I hope in Kay we have that. Also, he can be utilised in other positions which is also handy considering the size of out squad. Versatility is a huge prerequisite in such a small squad.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Saw this on the BBC website:

Barnsley's Mr Versatile, Kay has operated with equal effectiveness in a number of positions this season, although it is perhaps in midfield where he has produced his most sparkling displays.

Seems he can also play in midfield too!