• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Andy Taylor

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
According to the Blackpool website, Taylor has rejected their offer, instead choosing to go somewhere else on a permanent transfer. I don't know of any other team that has been in for him so hopefully that means that we have our man. I would however like to know that if we do have him then how much have we payed for him? I have no doubt that he will be a fantastic player for us but I am concerned that we have matched a Championship clubs transfer fee for a Premiership player, though we have apparently offered less in wages. All this and he is still willing to come. Also, will we still have money for any other signings or is this it?

Player
Goodison
I think we may have signed him. There manager has said on there website that he has chosen to join Tranmere. He should be a good signing however I don't know what this means towards Sherriffs future. His contract expires in the summer, he's been played out of position, he hasn't impressed recently, he's just been sent off and his managers slagged him off in public. He might fall a similar fate to Chris Mcready and leave - Moore slagged him off as well. I also think that Tremarco is a better left back than Sherriff and I can't imagine us keeping 3 left backs.

With regards to whether this might be are only signing - We might have some more money, afterall we did try to sign Fowler.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I really hope he chooses to sign for us. He's an excellent player who can only get better. He's one of the better loan signings we've had. But I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet until I know for sure..

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Would be a good signing if he does join but say nothing until the ink is dry on the contract ...

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm not convinced that signing a left back is our number one priority, but if Taylor does sign it shows:

- morale must be good at the club, despite recent form
- the board have found money for transfers again (last purchase was Kevin Ellison, before that Zola - I think)
- Ronnie's job is safe for a while

I still think it would be a miracle if we went up this year. For every good performance, there are two poor ones. And there's no sign of improvement. More the opposite. But at least the management is still being positive.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
To be honest I think its a done deal... He chose us due to 1st team football being offered even though we offered him less. I'd expect it to be announced tomorrow. Also we have approached Scunthorpe to sign Cleveland Taylor on loan but Carlisle have actually made a cash bid for him. Thats straight from Scunthorpes manager (radio). And there is strong rumours that Forest are trying to sign Greenacre with Joe Heath coming in the other direction... i'd assume if it did happen we would also get some cash too?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
To be honest I think its a done deal... He chose us due to 1st team football being offered even though we offered him less. I'd expect it to be announced tomorrow. Also we have approached Scunthorpe to sign Cleveland Taylor on loan but Carlisle have actually made a cash bid for him. Thats straight from Scunthorpes manager (radio). And there is strong rumours that Forest are trying to sign Greenacre with Joe Heath coming in the other direction... i'd assume if it did happen we would also get some cash too?

Still no news on Taylor?

I'd be very worried if Greenacre was to go and haven't heard of either of the two players you mention.

Player
Curran,Humey,R.Taylor,Goodison,Jacko,Robbo
I think we have signed him cos he got his loan cut short by blackburn and is in the starting line up 2nite!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm not sure his loan got cut short but Blackburn just withdrew him from the team on tuesday. Meaning he is still on loan and can play. The reason they may not have finalised a permanent deal yet is because maybe if we had finalised the deal he would not have been registered in time to play tonight. In that case it would make waiting til monday to finalise a permanent deal good sense.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
After tonight's shambles, he may have a re-think. lol
Yeah - it may not be our number one priority, but you've got to snap up good players when you get a chance, they don't come along often in this league.

I guess we'll have to wait next week for an official announcement then.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Agree with Ian, the lad is good, better than what we have in that position imo. Pity his team mates aren't coming up to the plate and playing as well as he is.

For me a big shakeup in the squad is needed. Tonight just is the peak of the poor performances. We need to look for someone with some ideas in midfield, someone who can play at the back with Goodison as Chorley and Kay look so so shaky, and some pace in the side!

Cleveland Taylor has been linked today, remember him being a direct pacy winger so may be a good move but he may wanna go elsewhere and I wouldn't blame him if he saw tonights game. And wouldn't it be confusing having 3 Taylors???:lol:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Apparantly Carlisle have offered 75k for Cleveland Taylor while we are only trying to get him on loan. So Carlisle probably have the advantage there. Plus I think he has been on loan at Carlisle this season. As for Andy Taylor I hope he doesn't suddenly change his mind after last night. But I am under the impression its a done deal.