• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

An evening with....

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A very enjoyable evening last night with Micky, Palios & Ray Stubbs.

A lot of light hearted banter with plenty of laughs with Palios talking about the future, Solar Campus etc and Micky talking about his style of football ("you need at least 5 or 6 guys who are 6 foot plus to be competitive").

Some good questions from the rovers fans with Palios confirming Ian Goodison will be granted a testimonial. Micky was fairly non committal on the possibility of signing Iain Hume and Goodison - although cant see either coming back.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thanks, Sparky, for keeping exiles like me informed. I'd have loved to have been there. It's good to hear that the new regime is communicating with the fans. We didn't hear much in PJ's era.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Its good that Goodison wont be coming back his career is now over as a player time to move on as for Hume we wouldn't be able to afford his wages I would think.

As for needing that many tall players, think this is just rubbish look at the size of Odejayi and yet he has done nothing at all for us, its about workrate, effort & ability not being over 6 foot tall

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Mark Palios was quite clear last night that the decision to have a testimonial for Ian Goodison was down to the demand of the fans for such an event. I suspect the problem maybe getting Goodi sufficiently interested himself in getting something organised. As for needing players of 6 foot +, Micky was quite clear on this point, in his opinion to get out of this division it was essential to have a significant number of 6 foot + players in the side to ensure that at dead ball situations in and around the opposition box we maximised our goalscoring opportunities whilst in our own box we could defend better from similar dead ball and long throw situations. He stressed that this did not mean any compromise as to his desire for the mobility of play and the workrate and effort referred to above by Bigmart. I also came away with the clear impression that there will be a significant change in the playing staff come January.
Overall this was a extremely interesting and informative evening conducted in a friendly, informal and humorous manner.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think Ian Goodison was promised a testimonial and should have one. Ten years with one club is a long time, especially nowadays. However, I think the club should wait until the spot-fixing allegation has been resolved.

Re the six-footers, most of our squad are six-feet tall or almost. Apart from OFW and Brezovan, Ihiekwe, Holness, Donacien, Holmes, Laird, Stockton and Odejayi meet the requirement. Power, Rowe, Kirby and Woodards are just one inch under six feet. So, it's a non-issue for me.