• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

An apology from Ben Tomlinson

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Posted on the official site is the following. Hasn't been an Inspired signing but credit to him for this.

At Saturday's game against Wrexham I swore at a supporter and I would like to apologise unreservedly for doing this.
Footballers are human beings and when things are not going well for us despite the hard work we are putting in on the training ground we can get just as frustrated as the fans, which is why on Saturday I reacted badly to some criticism from the stands. However, I fully accept that it was entirely the wrong thing to do and sets a very bad example, particularly to our younger supporters, and I therefore offer a full and unreserved apology.
I will also be donating some toys to Tranmere's Christmas appeal today as a small gesture to make amends.

Ben Tomlinson

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The amount of abuse which is dished out by some to the players, you can't blame them for snapping back. Not clever, but understandable. Fair play to Ben for this.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If he and the team weren't so poor he wouldnt get criticised by the fans despite all the hard work in training. Another waste of space at this club. Hope we have a clear out in Jan.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
If he and the team weren't so poor he wouldnt get criticised by the fans despite all the hard work in training. Another waste of space at this club. Hope we have a clear out in Jan.

Totally agree we need to get rid of Tomlinson and various others he has done nothing since we signed him

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
As I've said before, why we brought him in and shipped Margetts out God only knows.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems it is the manager's intention to sign Tomlinson permanently in January, with Margetts presumably likely to depart at the same time. I would agree with Sparky that if Margetts can score every game for Stockport in the division below he would do a job for us if he was given the opportunity.

Incidentally, according to a Southport website Stockton has returned to us. It seems he has not impressed their new manager and you do wonder whether he is going to make any kind of career in football.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If he signs Tomlinson permanently then it's another sign GB is clueless. Surely GB can see he's been poor and even if he has potential to do better, GB doesn't have the luxury of time if things carry on.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he signs Tomlinson. Clueless twit.

drwhoman

Like many contributors on this forum I am feeling very negative about it all. GB seems to think the return of players from injury will make a huge difference. He is clearly grasping at straws. It is going to take a huge effort to turn things around and I cannot see it happening under GB's management.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He simply cannot turn things around, he's had enough time and the second half of the season will be just as bad as the first.

M

Mal

Ian, you remind me of the bloke who, when told he needed to be more positive, said "i am positive, positive we will fail'.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You know what Mal I've always been quite positive but I've just had enough. Years and years of crap dished out at Prenton Park. Seen it all before.

On a positive note the players are working hard in training. :cool:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Tomlinson is hopeless and so is Brabin both need to go now

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Interesting that Brabin has outlasted one of the greatest managers of all time. Gary must be the Really Special One......

In all seriousness, Mourinho was sacked for eight defeats in sixteen games; GB has lost eight in twelve.

John Still is also available after leaving Luton today. Could have been a great appointment for us twelve months ago, but might have a bit too much baggage now after a dreadful year with The Hatters.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Jose probably doesn't even know the national league even exists !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Doubt John Still would venture north of the Watford Gap.