• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

aldo coming back

• Thread starter championship_here_we_come
  • Start date
C

championship_here_we_come

linky sunday people

meanwhile ronnie moore has said no to the job stating in a recent interview: "It's unbelievable. I don't know where they've got that one from. There's no truth in that at all. I've got a big enough job to do here, so why would I go somewhere else?"

others names linked are Stan Ternent, Gudjon Thordason, and Keith Alexander
jim harvey also looks to be unlikey due to health problems

guess we will find out by the end of next week though

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I would be very surprised if it was Aldo. The reasons why he left haven't changed and the club has moved in a direction which would only frustrate him more. There is still no money to spend etc etc.. Besides, he's happy commentating on the Reds isn't he?

S

Seanyb

This was also reported in the daily star. I would be more that delighted to see Aldo return with macca as the assistant.

Player
Morrisey
I doubt it will be Alexander as he has gone to peterborough.

I have heard 'Ned' Kelly's name being mentioned and that could tie in with our signing of Gavin Ward as they both work together at Preston.

M

midfield_meggs

cant see him coming back, as Ian said not much has changed and it would be a harder job for him 2nd time around, also after listening to him do the FA cup final on city he seems to enjoy watching the reds week in week out

We live in hope though

Meggs !

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Would be more than happy if Aldo returned but can't see it. My money is on the cheap option, McAteer, as he'll be there as a player anyway im pretty sure. =;

C

surely ScooperSomersaults if they were going for macca they would have done it already. im 100% sure if wont be macca he might be assisant/player though depends who the manager is

DixieDean

It won't be McAteer.
He doesn't fit the template that PJ has always applied when giving a man the job.
That Template is:

1> Is he a local hero?
or
2> Is he a Nationally well-known name?

I'm pretty sure you could apply that template to any manager we've had in the last 30 years, but McAteer doesn't fit....

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I agree with Dixie. I'd also love to see Aldo back but I think this is a genuine long shot and highly doubtful.

:-& :-&

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It's not Aldo... I reckon 99% its Joe Royle. He was spotted at the training ground last week. I just have that feeling its him too. Hope he brings Jim Magiltion with him!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
When Tranmere said the announcement would be this week, you know they meant Friday at the very latest.. Grr, it's starting to annoy me now. Can't they just bloody announce it so we can move forward and stop all this guessing!

C

Ian said:
Can't they just bloody announce it so we can move forward and stop all this guessing!

well at least whilst we are waiting we can get regualr updates about the pitch and how the grass growing is going link

M

Matthew The Rover

Doubt it'd be Allen, he left because of no transfer funds at Brentford and I should think that would be no different to here. I can see him going to Palace.