• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Adnan Ahmed

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
His time at Huddersfield:

The club described him as "Regarded highly for his combative style and excellent distribution". :cool:

Despite making a few appearances for the club in league and cup competitions since turning professional, Ahmed's career has been hampered by persistent injury troubles. #-o

Ahmed has the unfortunate distinction of being the very first player to be sent off at the Keepmoat Stadium, the new home of Doncaster Rovers. He was shown the red card for a two footed challenge on Rovers' Mark McCammon, the scorer of the very first goal in the stadium during Huddersfield's 3-0 defeat on January 1, 2007. :roll:

The burning question is, is he any better than what we've got?

Player
Morrisey
Well one bit of speculation which might put his ability into perspective is the fact that the teams who are chasing him are: Grimsby, Morthampton and EXETER. Looks like we will have to try our damnedest to beat off Conference opposition for this player. Nice to see RM is looking for the right sort of players. #-o I hope I end up eating muy hat on this one and he turn out to be a gem. He was at Man U so he must have something but it looks like that something will take alot of work to find.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Which position does he play? Don't know anything about him at all. But as it's on rearguard, I'll take the "news" with a pinch of salt.:wink:

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Do we need any more Injury prone players???

If he's good then maybe it's worth a try but the clubs showing interest are hardly top end clubs. Maybe Ronnie is being shrewd. Who knows!!

Player
Morrisey
Well I am starting to change camp on this one. I was at first against the idea but I think I will give him a chance. He is obviously excited and driven by the club judging by his interviews and if he can show passion I will be happy. At times like the latter of last season we need drive and energy in the team and I think he might be able to bring that.

Player
Johnny Morrissey

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
This actually sounds quite promising, provided the guys doesn't get chopped down during pre-season and ends up being Les Parry's new friend 9 months!!

A bit embarrassing for us if he has signed a deal and we find out in a local Burnley paper instead through the correct channels!

Hope they make an announcement soon!

Player
Morrisey
Your wish is clearly the club's command Nomur. Been made official now. I should imagine he is better than DH and is probably his replacement.

Cow Shed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
And Harrison off to Rotherham. Didn't take him long to sort himself out.
I know there is the RM connection but what is it between Rovers and Rotherham? It's verging on incestuous!!

Player
Morrisey
these players are believed to have been released for a while but the club only announced today. Brekin is a connection you are perhaps over looking. Brekin rang Harrison up as soon as he was released and sorted out the signing.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Glad Harrison has found himself a new club straight away. He may not have been the best but i'm sure he always gave 100%. Onto Ahmed... Sounds very injury prone but so was Chris McCready when he came to us and he didn't get injured last season. He sounds like he has some potential and hopfully he will show it and turn out to be a decent signing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I should imagine he is better than DH and is probably his replacement.
Exactly what I was thinking. Let's give the lad a chance. He's still young and may fit into the team. Welcome to PP!

Ally

Player
Aldo
Quite right Ian, welcome to PP for Ahmed. Difficult to get excited about a player who failed to make an impact at Huddersfield isn't it, but it's times like these we should remember that sometimes players just need a change of scene to flourish...

Having said that, he might be dreadful.

Anyone else really apathetic about TRFC at the moment? I just cannot get excited about anything. I don't think like the way the club is run, or the way we do business. I don't like anything really.

Come on RM, do something exciting..... please?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Trust Ronnie

Obviously Ronnie knows something we don't know. Picking up someone on a free transfer from a club who finished lower than you seems strange, but I'm prepared to trust Ronnie on this one. Let's face it, most of his signings last season were good.

Player
Goodison
Obviously Ronnie knows something we don't know. Picking up someone on a free transfer from a club who finished lower than you seems strange, but I'm prepared to trust Ronnie on this one. Let's face it, most of his signings last season were good.

Ronnie Moore know what hes doing, yeah right - he couldnt organise a tea party!!

I would have signed Ahmed and kept Harrison. But gotten rid of Mullin instead. Harrison was a good player, not exciting but good and solid. Harrison/Ahmed are probably the kind of players you want behind Mclaren so he can go forward. With Mullin its the wrong way round, not to mention hes useless

Player
Morrisey
Ronnie hasn't been at Tranmere for a year yet and alreasy you are calling him useless. We improved dramatically from the previous season and hopefully it will be a building block to greater things. Ronnie has released thge players who's contracts expired because it would have cost him nothing. then he will take stock of who he has and decide whether it is worth spending some of his budget releasing players if they cant be bought by other clubs orwhether it is worth keeping hold of them. With the release of Ward, McAteer and Achterberg there will be plenty of wages knocking around so I think he has made the right choice in who he released and Ahmed is a great replacement for Harrison IMO.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree SWA. Give Moore a chance. He's improved the team and he's only been here for a season!

Regarding Ally's comments, it's just an end of season depression. :-D Once the pre-season kicks off and the sun comes out, we'll all be terribly exicted again! (or is that just me :neutral:).

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
No Ian you're right, as soon as the pre season starts we can all get excited again. I personally can't wait.

Everyone's goin on and on about us not jumping to bring new players in. You'll remember last year I think all our signings were done within about 10 days, all just before the start of pre-season so we've a way to go yet.

I personally still rate Mullin as a good holding midfielder, who certainly has an old head full of experience.

I also agree with the comments that maybe this is the move Ahmed needed to shine, and he's still very young.

Bring on the fixtures in 2 weeks time I say!!