• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

A positive comment?

B

Banana Army

Liitle Talks to BBC

"At the moment we must focus on getting into a solid position - if we do that quick enough we can start to look up the table. "

The article is again talking about holding on to players, but this time he let slip a poitive comment about promotion. Brian Little and positive in the same sentance :shock:

The article is an interesting one as it also seems to suggest as well as looking for players to cover fro those who may leave, he is also looking at a loan signing to help boost the squad.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Definitely an interesting posting. But still not very comitted in terms of any real answers at all. :x

A

AndyRoo16

good to hear this as if we are not challenging for play offs this season i wonder if we will ever get out of league 1....
Im glad Little has the right ideas....
lets hope to see some "decent" new players who have the quality to get us up the table :)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I've just read it and it doesn't sound the way you guys are talking about it. He'd like to bring in ONE loan player if possible, but is more concerned at players leaving! There's gunna be more players leaving than arriving and don't be surprised if this man takes us back into the releagtion battle by May time. :evil:

B

Banana Army

SCooperSomersaults said:
I've just read it and it doesn't sound the way you guys are talking about it. He'd like to bring in ONE loan player if possible, but is more concerned at players leaving! There's gunna be more players leaving than arriving and don't be surprised if this man takes us back into the releagtion battle by May time. :evil:

Yes but the fact that he even mentions looking up the table is quite astounding for Little.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
This doesnt sound positive to me.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I can't believe we are even thinking of letting players go really... but like I said on another thread if we keep Roberts til the end of the season and then he leaves I would have preferred to have taken the 100k now. I don't really think Little believes we could make the play offs to be honest.

Player
Morrisey
Well I am not too sure about BL being positive, but judging by the last 7 games I think that the players realise that the league is tight now and that we are still in with a chance. I think that Bl is being realistic knowing that we might loose players and that he needs to cover for them!! Still alot has change with the mentality of the club in the past few months but I still feel that BL is the same old!

J

Johnny King is God

I'm not BL's biggest fan, but I am impressed with our recent results. Also I'm sure he has a better idea of the day to day pressures of managing a club in the predicament we are in than I do.

I put £20 on us getting promoted last night.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Johnny King is God said:

What your mad. I feel if we loose players we are not going to go any where the only player I would like to go is Ian Goodison but he cant go incase Roberts goes

J

Johnny King is God

i think I've got a decent chance actually.

this division is so shit - i can see us getting to the play offs without too much bother... then its just a lottery pretty much

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Johnny King is God said:
i think I've got a decent chance actually.

this division is so sh*t - i can see us getting to the play offs without too much bother... then its just a lottery pretty much

Yeah thats true its so close the league its unbeliveable but I feel we have not been play off standard this season

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer weve got a good cahnce Im being optimistic but £20 though!

B

Banana Army

Johnny King is God said:
I'm not BL's biggest fan, but I am impressed with our recent results. Also I'm sure he has a better idea of the day to day pressures of managing a club in the predicament we are in than I do.

lol me dad put it on Brizzle city at 16-1

J

Johnny King is God

I heard about a fella who put £20 quid on Alonso scoring from his own half this season. Won about £100,000! Mines a racing certainty compared to that.

Player
Morrisey
Yeah thats's right! he put 10 on that Alonso would score form his own half this season in last june or something stupid like that! That was on MOTD I think!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Super_white_army said:
Yeah thats's right! he put 10 on that Alonso would score form his own half this season in last june or something stupid like that! That was on MOTD I think!

Yeah that was MOTD and I think that fella is a lucky twat. how did he know he was going to do that ill never know its like saying that Calvin Zola will score 30 goals for rovers this season

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I don't know how anyone would even think of a bet like that to be honest.