• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

4 (FOUR) match ban for Goodison

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just noticed that Ian Goodison will have to serve a FOUR match ban for a perfectly good tackle! I can't believe it! The FA are a joke - an additional match to the ban as they say the appeal was "frivolous".

You can't tell me that if it was a Chelsea, Man Utd player etc, that the ban wouldn't have been overturned! HE GOT THE BALL FAIRLY!

Matches he'll now miss:
Hereford (h) FA Cup
Leyton Orient (a)
Bristol Rovers (h)
*Possible FA Cup replay / Millwall (a)

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2004/08/DisciplinaryLatest.htm

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Result: Claim for wrongful dismissal rejected - 3 match suspension + additional 1 match suspension as claim was considered frivolous

frivolous!! ohh, please..
it's the whole FA that are frivolous!! bunch of clowns.. :-&

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Thats unbelieveable!! Don't have words to describe how crap the FA are!

Player
Goodison
An absolutely bonkers decision from the fa (Why am I not surprised?) - who couldn't even organise a tea party. Goodison got the ball and made hardly any contact was made with the player. That Lowe tw*t should be given a 4 match ban for diving, an abosolutely rediculous decision and whoever that ref was, should never ref again.

The only reason why they must have come to this conclusion is that it looks worse on the highlights than it ever was. To consider the claim is frivolous is an abosoloute joke, I bet half the people who make these decisions dont even know what frivolous means!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Still angry about this even now. A one-footed sliding tackle in the centre circle. No malice intended. Goodison is a graceful defender. Even a yellow would have been harsh.

We now have lost both wingers for the season through injury and our skipper and bedrock for a month. Let's just hope it bonds the remaining players and we show some spirit. Morale can't be that bad if the likes of Andy Taylor and JMW agree to extend their loan periond. A win in today's game would be no mean achievement.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
He's a big miss, the 2 goals conceded at Crewe after he went off, and the 2 today am sure might have been avoided had the skipper been there. He's been excellent this season. Back on the 19th Jan.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At least with the cup replay, he doesn't get to miss as many league games.