• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yet ANOTHER new signing (Ben Gordon)

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Welcome to Tranmere.... Ben Gordon, a left back from Chelsea. Bit strange if he were to only play one game against Brighton, cos I'd have Zoom right back in once his supension is finished. Who knows?

Player
Goodison
I think losing Logan is a major blow as I would have had him for young player of the season. As it is I think Mr Edds will take his place at right back.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Les has said if Gordon plays well he'll keep the shirt even when Zoum is available again. Personally would opt for Ash as young player of the year, but Logan will be a loss at right-back, especially for his prowess going forward.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with Boz as Taylor as young player of the season, with Luke Daniels a close 2nd and Logan third.

As for the left back situation, I was surprised that although we don't have a recognised one for tomorrow - its only for one albeit key game. And the way our finances are, I was surprised they didnt just do a temporary fix, i.e. with Edds, Broomes someone like that.

But I am not complaining, a regular in Chelsea's reserve team so he must be half decent.

I think we must at the moment including loan players, have a bigger squad than a lot of teams in our league.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Selected again today and scores Swindon's first with an og. After a poor debut at Brighton and despite being one of our weaker outfield players v Norwich, wonder was his loan from Chelski conditional on him playing every game? If so, a big error by Les, as we'd have been better off playing the Brighton game with someone filling in at left-back and having Zoum back for the rest of the season.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I didn't go today so I'm not really in a position to comment, but he was poor at Brighton and it seems he was unconvincing again today: I would definitely like to see Bakayogo back at Walsall as he is one of our two or three best outfield players, regardless of Gordon's performances.

It sounded as if we were doing ok until the sending off which effectively finished the game. As has been commented, it is only results elsewhere that make the day rather disappointing - that and another suspension for Gornell.

The next three or four games will now pretty much determine our fate, and I think we need atleast seven points from Walsall, Wycombe and Exeter.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, he's a young kid who is looking for experience. We're really not in a position to be handing experience to kids who aren't quite up to scratch especially when we have a great replacement in Zoom. We could really do with him bombing down the wing at Walsall, sorry Chelsea, Tranmere are much more important.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Anyone seen the OG yet?

Regardless, he's just not good enough...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The OG wasn't J'Loyd Samuel esque but he got himself in a bad position and didn't seem to have a clue how to clear it. Bit unfortunate but.... I agree, he's not good enough and more frustratingly, we have one of our better players this season sat on the bench while Gordon occupies his place in the team.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If the terms of the Gordons loan dictate that he must start every game when fit then the decision to sign him in the first place was a strange and unneccessary gamble that hasn't paid off.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Just saw the own goal, decent finish really.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ben Gordon takes a realistic view about the long-term value of his short-term loan with Tranmere.

The teenage full-back from Chelsea would like to believe the experience he gains in helping Rovers’ fight to stay in League One may push him a little further on up the road to breaking into the first team with the Premier League giants at Stamford Bridge.

Ohh dear.. :-s

I particularly like the last line:

“I just want the chance to get out there and show people what I can do.”

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Well he's certainly done that...