• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 2-0 Tranmere

Player
Jonny Morrisey
New comer

Hey guys, only found this forum today so thought i`d give it a whirl. I`m in the army and only returned from Afghanistan last week so have been catching up with the latest comings and goings at our great club and must admit wasn`t too impressed with the appointment of JB. I went to the game on saturday, and although i was just happy to be there, i thought we struggled massively to produce any cutting edge football. We played it around nicely at the back but failed to penetrate in the final third. The 2 young lads at full back (Cresswell and Logan) did well and Daniels looks a good signing. John Welsh didn`t look fit and the two lads up front are too similar, we missed Savage`s presence particuarly from corners. Their centre halves cleaned up.
On the positive side tho we did pass it around nicely at times. Some of the boys booed at the end and were singing "you dont know what you`re doing" towards JB, a little early to be so cynical i think. Lets get behind the boys and give Barnesy a chance and see were we are in a month or two. Hopefully then the boys will be used to playing with each other and will have started to click. Any feedback will be welcome. Cheers boys!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Welcome aboard White Squaddie! Thanks for the post, hope you will continue to post your thoughts on OUR club.

Agree with what you're saying. You were at the game and I wasn't but I've seen a fair bit of the pre-season. I like the way we're gonna try and pass it around. It's nice on the eye, but yes we need time for the players to get used to the system, the style and each other. Just feel we still lack the killer edge and can't see us scoring sack fulls of goals which has been a problem for a long long time (since Aldo imo).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
DWaltz, No problem, as you've probably gathered I am one of life's pessimists, but I reserve my criticisms for here and get behind the lads when I go to the games.

White squaddie, I echo SCoops welcome.