• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Yeovil 1-1 Tranmere

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Davies equaliser with a free kick... last kick of the game. Fully deserved. Sounded by far the better team 1st half. Let it slip 2nd half. These could be vital points come May!

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Have to be honest and say would have been happy with a point before this game so over the moon to get a last kick of the game equaliser. This one and our next two games look like three really tricky ones, so great start!!!!

Good to see us getting the last minute equaliser for a change too!!! How many times have we succumbed to this???

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Yes, happy with a point from this away game. People on other sites have said we should do better than a draw against Yeovil, after doing the double over them last season, but they forget that they have a different team now and so do we. Stating the obvious perhaps but results from last season don't carry over into this one. Just from reading the text bulletins I get the impression we're lucky to even have the one point, so I'm happy.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just from reading the text bulletins I get the impression we're lucky to even have the one point, so I'm happy.
Yes, I think you're right. After another poor 2nd half display, I think they did very well getting a point out of this one, and isn't a bad result really. Having said that, Tranmere had a much better first half and were the more dominant side, with Davies having a few good shots saved, so maybe we were unlucky not to come away with more.

I'm just extremely pleased they battled to the end. Late equalisers dont happen that often with Tranmere so it was refreshing to hear.

Player
Goodison
After another poor 2nd half display, I think they did very well getting a point out of this one, and isn't a bad result really.

I wasnt there, but another poor second half, suprise suprise.

Decent result though, considering we were 1-0 down, hopefully we can go to Carlisle and take all 3 points.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Just from reading the text bulletins I get the impression we're lucky to even have the one point, so I'm happy.
Not sure where this view comes from. Looking at the stats it seemed a very tight game with few chances. The telling statistic is that Yeovil only had one shot on target - and scored from it.

But in a way I'm happier when we play badly and get a point than if we dominate and get a point.