• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wycombe Wanderers v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Key game against bottom of the table Chairboys, weather permitting, with snow forecast down south. Our opponents have had mixed results recently, hammered at Brentford, but before that a comfy 3-0 home win against Rochdale, who Rovers failed to score against the previous game.

Wycombe have recruited Antony McNamee on a free, decent player at this level and also loaned a young winger from Watford.

Our scorer against Udders, McGurk is likely to be out. While Lateef may replace him, it could be worth starting as we finished, with Ryan Brunt and two up front. Rachubka has returned to Leeds, so assume that OFW is fit. as it would be a big game to blood Coughlin in. Though perhaps we've run out of money!

Prediction. Adams Park has been a fairly decent hunting ground for Rovers, while Wycombe were the poorest side seen so far at PP. Hopefully that should be enough to break our losing away streak. Would like to think we could win this, but a score draw feels most likely.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Is McGurk injured? It would be nice to see two up front or at least two central strikers even if one is playing a bit behind (would not happen with the two big guys) so would have to be McGurk or Lateef for me behind (although alongside would be good) Tyriaki - rather than an adavanced midfielder. Can't see Les going with both big men up front, and as I write I reckon it will be a genuine 5 man midfield - sadly.

Hope OFW is not rusty!

Prediction 0 -0

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Mcgurk is out injured.

Im hoping for a win 2 1 to ease us away from the bottom 4.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Rachubka has returned to Leeds, so assume that OFW is fit. as it would be a big game to blood Coughlin in. Though perhaps we've run out of money!

I think the latter is more likely to be the case. You have to feel sorry for Parry this week, working with both hands tied behind his back financially, while virtually other club in the division brought players in.

A massive game, as despite our sterling performance against Huddersfield, defeat here would drag us well and truly into a relegation battle. From Les's comments it seems that McGurk may be available, and if he is I would expect the same team as last Saturday.

With our new attacking zeal and Wycombe's vulnerability at the back, hopefully we will finally manage to score more than one goal away from home and seal victory.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It will be interesting how the side line up in terms of personnel and tactically.

After such a good performance against Hudds, does Les play such an attacking line up ?

Obviously we're away from home but against a side who were down right awful at PP and one who we are more than capable of beating.

Lets hope Les is positive for this one as we should be looking to win. I suppose a point wouldnt be a bad result tho.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I have a feeling Les will revert to his trusty 451 for this one as he will not want to lose. I cant help feeling that after such a good performance last week against Huddersfield we will make hard work of this one. As others have said it is a vital game and defeat could potentially be serious. Am going for a 1-0 Wycombe.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Making a prediction is virtually impossible for this Tranmere side. If we play like last week we will win, if we don;t we could easily lose or draw. The only thing I'm confident of is that there won't be a glut of goals. So I'm going for 1-1 or 1-0 or 2-0 to someone.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have a feeling Les will revert to his trusty 451 for this one as he will not want to lose. I cant help feeling that after such a good performance last week against Huddersfield we will make hard work of this one..
My thoughts exactly. I really hope I'm wrong and we see a more attacking display. Games are running out and we need points quickly.

2-0 win if we show positive attacking football.
2-0 loss otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.