• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wolves(if we beat the shots)

Player
Johnny morrissey
If we beat the shots??

Then for the wolves game we should:

1.Make the game a cat C match not cat A
2.Put the wolves fans in he kop, i am sure they could shift 4000 plus tickets for this game, if not more.

I am sure the money gained from just the extra away following would justify the drop to cat C plus we would get more home fans through the gates as well at the lower prices!!!

I think we would get a 10k plus gate if we did this!!!

If we make it cat A & put them in the sheds then i think we will be lucky to hit 7k

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, good ideas. It would be great to see a really good crowd for a change, but if they do something like this, they have to get to work on the advertising so people know they can come watch an FA Cup game against Premiership opposition for around £12-14.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
Yeah, good ideas. It would be great to see a really good crowd for a change, but if they do something like this, they have to get to work on the advertising so people know they can come watch an FA Cup game against Premiership opposition for around £12-14.

Advertising by the club?! Whats that! Do we have a commercial department?!

But seriously I totally agree - its a great idea and IF we beat Aldershot the only way we will have a chance against Wolves is with a full (or near full) PP

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm not convinced that's the best answer. We could be just giving money away by underselling the most attractive game of the season.

If we need to promote this match, what I would suggest is family tickets with kids free. It would be a good match to attract "new" supporters to.

Or perhaps we should give free tickets for a league match with every cup ticket. This would boost crowds at league matches.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'm not convinced that's the best answer. We could be just giving money away by underselling the most attractive game of the season.

If we need to promote this match, what I would suggest is family tickets with kids free. It would be a good match to attract "new" supporters to.

Or perhaps we should give free tickets for a league match with every cup ticket. This would boost crowds at league matches.

yeah, reducing entry prices = better gates, reduced income. the latter should be the priority. offering free tickets to people who wouldn't have been willing to pay anyway means we increase attendence figures/potential future supporters without losing out financially. offering free tickets to a targetted demographic is much better than reducing general ticket prices.

we need to find some way to charge people who are willing to pay and give free tickets to people who wouldn't come otherwise. i can't really think of any way to do this large scale, but giving tickets away in schools - which we do, on a small-scale - seems to work quite well. that way we don't lose out on any paying customers, but the stadium is more full than it otherwise would have been.

how many will wolves bring to PP? will they fill the cowshed?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
would agree with you sonkorly about giving tickets in schools.

i would think wolves would easily fill the cowshed as they usually have a very good following.

TRFC_Ian

Player
Aldo
What we do need to be careful of tho is giving tickets away or attracting people who have SOME interest in the club. I remember the "Fill Prenton Park day" in the mid 90s (in sure it was against Grimsby). There was a big push to bring kids, wifes and families - which worked because the ground was full (my mate got locked out 10 minutes before kick off - against GRIMSBY!).

But the atmosphere inside was the worst ive ever experienced at a football match - mainly because there was no atmosphere! The people who had just come along to see what it was all about were bored after 20 minutes and no one was singing. It was like there was a minutes silence that lasted the whole match.

Im not saying its easy - because if it was the club would have sorted it years ago - but efforts need to be stepped up.