• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wise has left Leeds

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wise is off to Newcastle, perhaps Davies won't go now. Maybe we could take advantage of this on Saturday...

It's a shame, I was looking forward to the abuse he would get after sticking two's up at our fans in the last game.

Newcastle will now have two loose cannons in Keegan and Wise.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7213096.stm

Don't think Steve Davies is quite ready for Newcastle yet :wink:

Leeds hadn't been on a great run lately and with the need to impress any potential new boss, this could work against us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Quite surprised really. I really dont know why they would want that whinging tosser, but I only hope it's bad news for Leeds, or should I say managerless Leeds when we play them. Does anyone know if a replacement is imminent?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Wasn't too surprised that Wise has left. He clealry did superbly when Poyet was there, not been doing that well since Gus left for Spurs tho. Bit surprised KK has pickedhim up though, and not sure what kind of role Wise is gonna play at St. James'. :roll: Just when I thought it was safe to like Newcastle again and they do this! :lol:

Would not be surprised if one or two League One players (maybe from Leeds) sign for the Geordies before Thursday, which may be a reason why Keegan has chosen Dennis to assist him. They seem pretty desperate and failed to attract Sick Note Woodgate, would be nice to see lower leagued players given a chance at the Premier League club, happens far too rarely in my book. There are some gems to be had if you look hard enough (Wolves picked up that Kightly last year from Grays for a bargain ?75k - now England U21 international). There are players out there.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think I read Gary McAllistar has been named there new boss. Lets hope they don't have a honeymoon period.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well they lost tonight.. I think it's a great time to play them, they are at sixes and sevens at the moment.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
They have made a few buys today though. I'm a bit worried they may hit form on Saturday but hopefully their new players won't click straight away.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, just noticed that watching Sky Sports News.

Leeds have signed Bolton defender Lubo Michalik for an undisclosed fee and have also made Leicester City defender Darren Kenton's loan move permanent. Michalik, 24 has joined on a three-and-a-half-year contract.
Kenton, 29, initially joined Leeds on a month's loan in January having fallen out of favour at the Walkers Stadium.
Leeds have also signed Foxes defender Alan Sheehan, 21, on loan for the season.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well, if they all go straight into their team at once, they won't have had time to gel. Let's have a positive spin on them events! Hehe. You never know in football, it's all about on the day, and if we prepare and play in the right way there's no reason we can't get a result, all them Leeds signings or not!

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He's not a bad forward, scored quite a lot of goals, however these have been mainly in the lower leagues. Stockport, Boston, Kettering etc.. Could be a danger though.