• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Will we make the play-offs?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
My honest opinion is no, but Rovers are so unpredictable that anything's still possible. Although if offered our current position after the end of last season, I'd have gratefully accepted, expectations have been raised after a good first half of the season. However our recent form has been that of a side on the fringes of the relegation zone.

My predictions for the remaining games.

Carlisle H Draw
Blackpool A Draw
Brighton H Win
Millwall A Draw
Scunthorpe H Draw
Crewe A Lose
Brentford H Win

That would give us 69 points and little chance of a play-off place :-({|=

evo_trfc

Due to the good run we did have people did start to think that we were a play off side but its an average league and we are an average team, we got into the playoffs last time mainly down to hume and taylor and when they left we dropped into relegation last time! fair play to ronnie but the squad will need strengthening next time around if we want to go up

obviously i want us to go up but i cant see it

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I don't think so either - we're too inconsistent and the teams above us should at least match our points tally for the remaining few games in my opinion.

Really needed to win yesterday to keep our hopes alive, it's just not to be, we've blown it.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes I agree... Inconsistent form is not good enough to get in the play offs! It would need a miraculous run of results and good form with other teams slipping up. Something that we haven't been capable of since we went on that good winning run in November.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah, winning 1 then losing 1 aint good enough to get promoted, another season of dross me fears. This league is dreadful, but the painful truth is we're not good enough.

If Blackpool win tomorrow we can all concede it's gonna take a miraculous run of form for us to make it.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Blackpool losing last night was an excellent result for us. Makes our game there next weekend a massive must win game for us.

Will be making the trip from Gateshead for that one!!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Its still going to take something special from Tranmere but here's hoping we can do it. Even if we won the next three games it would be typical Tranmere to stuff it up.

Player
Goodison
were not going to get in the play offs - we arnt good enough. Not been able to beat teams such as Northampton and Cheltenham at home show that. We also dont score enough goals especially from the midfield and from set pieces. Ronnie Moore says how he wants to see more people getting in the box, why doesnt he do something about it then? Every week it looks the same - hoof it to Taylor and no real plan to get past certain teams eg Swansea. We hoofed it for 90 minutes to some of the biggest defenders i've seen surely we must have a better plan than this. This, along with having a squad with no depth and a inability to score enough goals is why we won't get in the play offs.