• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

What does everyone think of Les getting the job?

JamesS

What do people think of Les Parry getting the job? I am relatively pleased by this as I think he is a great and humerous man. My only concern is that the players he seems to be looking at aren't going to be good enough to improve on last season's performance. I think he did a great job with someone elses squad last season and now needs to push on with his own. I sometimes feel that the club needs to pump in some cash but I don't see this happening as the money seems to have dried up in previous years, why is this? The club seems a bit thin on the grounds and I don't think Cheif should have been released.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Our chairman made three very bold decisions last season - sacking Ronnie, bringing in JB/JM and appointing Les. On paper, the third was the craziest, but it was the only one that worked. We know what an impact he had on the team and to replace him now would make no sense. Given our limited budget, we can't afford a more experienced manager or better players, so it's right that Les is given the opportunity to take the club forward.

Having said that, there do seem to be some unresolved internal issues. Evidence of this is the length of time Les took to put pen to paper, the loss of The Chief and the time being taken to put the backroom staff together. It may be that Les suffers "second season syndrome" and the team falls back, but I'm delighted he's still in the hot seat.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At least Les gets the chance to tweak the team more than he did last season. He deserves the chance for keeping us up last season and it was also the cheap, easy choice for the chairman to make, so it worked for everyone. Les of course, would have been delighted when given the opportunity. He made that clear.

It will certainly be interesting to see how we get on. PMA as NBDH says! :)

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Ridiculous decision, especially considering that Allison has been released