• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

West Brom away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Shannon

Player
Iain Hume
If we beat the Posh in the replay. Any thoughts?

Player
Goodison
Not the easiest draw but its Winnable. I would have preferred Liverpool, Everton etc. If we beat them it would be interesting to see Adrian Chiles reaction!

Apprently there playing well but not scoring goals so dont be fooled be their lowly position!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think, in a lot of ways, it's one of the worst draws we could have hoped to get. Any premiership opposition is kinda fun, but financially, playing away at West Brom is no more rewarding than playing against Leeds or Leicester...and in terms of quality, I'm afraid i don't share RTID's optomism...really, they should easily be able to see us off. Their position in the premier league is irrelevent; the fact they're there at all means they're a million miles ahead of where we are. So we're playing a comparitively tremendous side, and there's no money in it for our troubles.

I'd expect us to go and defend the fort with the jolly old 4-5-1. It works at this level because a lot of teams aren't good enough to break us down, but West Brom are a different proposition and, if we get through, I can't see anything other than a defeat.

Magic of the cup and all that, but meh, can't see it personally.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Get Higgy in goal, we'll be fine.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If we get through the replay, could have been a worse draw as Baggies fans are fairly decent attenders, so despite the L1 opponents would expect a decent turnout. However, I can't see us getting past them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.