• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Website hacked?

Player
Goodison
When I go on the home page of this site it keeps diverting to some russian game site?!

Called moswar.ru

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
ive had the same thing but on ok this time.

Actually, I've sent this message from work and even though I've successfully accessed this forum I've also just picked up a mail marshall message from the Russian site referred to above....

O

OneNightInGayParis

Just received the pop-up and, since I'm at work, am expecting the written warning any minute! However, these girls seriously look like offering more action than the Rovers' players can manage at the mo!:-D:oops:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Sorry guys, some Russian clown with nothing better to do. Restored back. All should be OK now.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Due to more hacks, I've taken the rest of the site down but the forums will remain open.

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Had probs with a spam attack on a small local forum that I run - I ended up having to close membership, request only now. *******s.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's an ongoing battle, but the forums are holding up pretty well.

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
Ian, vBulletin is now one of the more easily hacked softwares in the www of forums. They charge the earth for patches and security upgrades and annual fees whilst hackers wander around at will. Since they were taken over by a US company they have gone worse and worse and worse.

I changed from them to IPBoard, see my pm, and am loving every second of my trouble free main forum (not the tiddler mentioned above). The older the software the easier to break into.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I use IPB on another forum, it's good but I like the simplicity of vB 3x series. Stock vB is pretty secure and stable. Running third party addons like Wordpress, mods etc is when problems usually occur. There's a reason why the vB official page never gets hacked. No PM mate?

Red Devil

Player
Moore, or Less
strange? It just explained the costings nothing dramatic.
One off payment of $150 and engr converts and upgrades for free - every upgrade too. Takes only minutes.