• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

We are 9th for christs sake

evo_trfc

****ing Hell we are 3 points of the play offs had a very good xmas period only just loose with 10 men away from home. and fans are wanting to get rid of moore.

Fickle springs to mind.

Id rather play hoof ball and win 1-0 with ugly football then play beautiful stuff and get beat!

We are a mid table side and yet we are 9th 3 points of the play offs. SHOULD be going into the fourth round of the fa cup and with the two games we will be playing instead of everyone else we could move up to third, and even if we only take four points we will end up in 4th. that puts the pressure on other teams surely.

At the present time the championship is too strong for our squad.

I only get to see 10 games a season but slating greenacre our best player for the last two years cos he hasnt banged in a couple is just stupid. You cant expect the bloke to hit 20+ each season. Teams know how to mark against him now they just double up on him or dont let him have the freedom and hey presto out of the game.

We are missing our two best players in Shuker and Davis.

Ronnie did sign some **** in cooper and ahmed but kay has been a bonus and so has Mclaren Coyne etc. And its good to see zola finding some form.

Myrie Williams is frustrating sometimes im like wow and others im thinking jsut go home but i go to school with his city counterpart Ribeirio so i dont really want to slate the lad.

For crying out loud Curran isnt a miracle worker hes not going to score with every touch he has!!!

Get Behind the lads and keep going 22 games left!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I don't think we all want to get rid of Moore. I certainly don't. Like I said in another thread, Moore can't please everyone and I'm sure there's a minority that want him out. Just like at any club.

But as you've pointed out, we are still in the FA Cup, we are a few points off the play-offs, we've had a good Xmas compared to the dire ones we've had in the past..

And we've lost our two wingers.

I think supporters just get frustrated sometimes. Yesterday was a classic example. We took the lead twice, never thought we'd lose that 4-3 to be honest. That would have been three wins on the trot and we'd be right up there in the play-offs. Usually when it counts, we falter. It's just frustrating..

Player
Goodison
I'm not expecting us to get promoted, our squad isn't good enough, I simply belive that Moore is not a very good manager - he may have had success at Rotherham but he wasn't exactly brilliant at Oldham was he. Some say he didn't get his chance but from what I've heard he wasn't very popular from the start.

Why Ronnie Moore is not very good: He doesn't use his substitutes, he comes out with absolute rubbish after every match for instance against Crewe, 'I don't know how we've lost this game' - look at the score board they've scored 4 we've scored 3 duhhh, he's tactically naive, he doesnt try and change things until it's too late - Swansea for instance, the idea is to make changes to win games - not to chase them!

I'm not wanting Ronnie Moore out, because of blind optimism that we should be in the championship, I want Ronnie Moore out because I don't rate him as a manager - great player but I'm not convinced he's a good manager.

You say that teams know how to mark against Greenacre - that's exactly why players such as Curran should be given a chance. It means that opposition teams of something else to worry about, rather than just Greenacre.

Finally one thing that really annoys me is the fact that we seem to play to our weaknesses by hoofing the ball. When we do this the team is poor and doesn't look threatening. However when we pass the ball around we look quite good and we create chances and most importantly score goals - like against Carlisle. We have lots of players who like the ball to their feet- players such as Mclaren, Jennings, Zola, Greenacre, Curran, Shuker, Williams, Davies, Sherriff, Kay. The Carlisle match showed that if we pass it around a bit rather than hoofing it we might actually have a chance of stringing some decent results together and potenially mounting a promotion challenge, because hoofing it makes us predictable and easy to defend against.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
I'm not expecting us to get promoted, our squad isn't good enough, I simply belive that Moore is not a very good manager - he may have had success at Rotherham but he wasn't exactly brilliant at Oldham was he. Some say he didn't get his chance but from what I've heard he wasn't very popular from the start.
He kept Oldham up. That, considering the club we're talking about, is quite a result. I doubt he had resources to spend there and certainly inherited a very poor squad.

Why Ronnie Moore is not very good: He doesn't use his substitutes,
I think Ronnie believes in playing his strongest team, and that all his players should be fit enough and focused enough to perform to a high level for the full 90 minutes. That's having faith in yourself as the manager making the selection and faith in the players out there. That is a mark of a good manager and is just one of the reasons that he is a manager of a football club and you're not.

he comes out with absolute rubbish after every match for instance against Crewe, 'I don't know how we've lost this game' - look at the score board they've scored 4 we've scored 3 duhhh,
Perhaps you're used to the bland and inoffensive tripe that used to spout from Brian Little, you have to realise that Ronnie is completely different. I believe Ronnie says what he thinks. It happens that what he thinks and says in interviews is almost always word for word what I'm thinking about the game as well. How your view of games can be so different is just baffling.

he's tactically naive, he doesnt try and change things until it's too late - Swansea for instance, the idea is to make changes to win games - not to chase them!
You really have a bee in your bonnet about not making subs early. Would you really rather have a hopeless manager, someone like (I think it was) Barry Fry who always made really early triple substitutions. No you wouldn't if you have any sense at all, that kind of thing is NOT a tactical masterstroke it's a sure sign of a manager hopelessly out of his depth.

I want Ronnie Moore out because I don't rate him as a manager - great player but I'm not convinced he's a good manager.
Ronnie was not a great player, but he was and is a big, a massive part of the club, if you don't like him then to me that says you don't like Tranmere Rovers. The same simply could not have been said about Little, but Ronnie is a part of the fabric of the club.

You say that teams know how to mark against Greenacre - that's exactly why players such as Curran should be given a chance. It means that opposition teams of something else to worry about, rather than just Greenacre.
Curran is a very young lad with good potential, and it's rare for a player his age to start every game, he is getting his chances this season and last under Ronnie, so I don't understand how you can think Ronnie isn't giving him his chance. On Greenacre, having a bad patch or a bad season or even a bad spell at a club for several seasons does not mean a player is a bad player, and Chrissy has had some very good seasons with us so we and you should know that he's a class act. His goal against Crewe was a peach, and that underlines it for me.

Finally one thing that really annoys me is the fact that we seem to play to our weaknesses by hoofing the ball. When we do this the team is poor and doesn't look threatening. ... We have lots of players who like the ball to their feet- players such as Mclaren, Jennings, Zola, Greenacre, Curran, Shuker, Williams, Davies, Sherriff, Kay.
Goodison is our number one culprit for the hoof upfield, Stockdale doesn't hoof it up in the air, but his passes are almost always aimless. Do I think Ronnie tells them to play hoof ball, long ball, NO I do not think he tells them that. In fact looking at the players he has signed, they are not bruisers suitable for League Two, instead they are players who can play the ball about a bit and have a chance to take this club forward.

However when we pass the ball around we look quite good and we create chances and most importantly score goals
This I actually agree with, and it's the one and only constructive part from your post.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
First off, no I don't expect us to win every game. But my frustrations lie with what i believe is a high quality group of players not fulfilling potential against a league full of mediocre teams. The points we've thrown away either by playing appalllingly against crap teams or gifting goal away is incredible. Had we not, we'd be cruising top of the league.

Thats all i'll say for now, it's frustration cos I truly believe we can do better. I'll keep supporting to the bitter end! Come on Rovers!!!=D>

Q

Quickwise

We're missing our two most creative midfielders in shuker and davies so to get 6 points out of our last 9 is an excellent achievement.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Neverbeat says
"I think Ronnie believes in playing his strongest team, and that all his players should be fit enough and focused enough to perform to a high level for the full 90 minutes. That's having faith in yourself as the manager making the selection and faith in the players out there. That is a mark of a good manager and is just one of the reasons that he is a manager of a football club and you're not.

You really have a bee in your bonnet about not making subs early. Would you really rather have a hopeless manager, someone like (I think it was) Barry Fry who always made really early triple substitutions. No you wouldn't if you have any sense at all, that kind of thing is NOT a tactical masterstroke it's a sure sign of a manager hopelessly out of his depth."

To my mind there are 3 main reasons for making substitutions. Firstly necessity, player injured or goalie sent off. Secondly running down the clock. Finally tactical and it's in this last area where we rarely see Ronnie make adjustments, even where those of us on the sidelines feel a change is needed. If your opponents are exploiting an area in the team, which you'd not anticipated, then it's a sign of strength not weakness to make adjustments to combat this.

Neverbeat further says
"Ronnie was not a great player, but he was and is a big, a massive part of the club, if you don't like him then to me that says you don't like Tranmere Rovers. The same simply could not have been said about Little, but Ronnie is a part of the fabric of the club."

I must disagree that disliking Ronnie's management style = disliking Rovers, no man is bigger than the club as a whole. Personally, not wholly convinced yet, but his record elsewhere gives me some hope.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I have to agree with NBDH, Ian & Coops.

It happens here every season, frustration sets in and people start hoofing negative opinions, nevermind the team hoofing the ball!.

I don't think we're doing a bad job, yes we were a lot higher up at the start of the season, but then again the same happened last year. Apart from the weekend we've been ok over christmas, we'll hopefully win against Hereford at the weekend, And we are only 3 points off being back in the top 6.

Yes I sometimes disagree with Ronnie's tactics, substitutions or the lack of, but surely as football fans we all do this no matter who's in charge. Football fans are the hardest fans on the world to please and we're never going to be happy. I think Ronnie is more devoted to the job than people are giving him credit for. Regardless of what he did at Oldham, you simply cannot compare it to what he's trying to achieve here.

Onward and upward I say! I'd be more than happy with a play off place and the next round of the cup.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It happens here every season, frustration sets in and people start hoofing negative opinions, nevermind the team hoofing the ball!.

These forums are reknown for being negative (or so I've heard!) but these forums are just a reflection of the supports' opinions.

Whatever forum you go on, there will be a mix of supporters with positive and negative opinions. Besides, it would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

However whilst on the subject of Ronnie's performance, I was looking on the icliverpool website and noticed the poll they had running there.

Question: How do you think Ronnie Moore is doing at Tranmere Rovers?

Good job - 96.91%
Bad job - 1.60%
The jury's still out - 1.49%

It doesn't mention how many people have voted, I'd imagine it's quite a lot, but that's an impressive percentage in favour.

Player
Goodison
there was a vote on a other unofficial tranmere site (cant remeber its name) and they only got 55% in favour

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh god. How quickly things change.
The voting has changed dramatically.

It's now:

Good job - 52.40%
Bad job - 46.94%
The jury's still out - 0.66% :???:

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Sadly, on the BBC Sport website under Football / League One, a blog has been started where everyone has been slagging off Ronnie and saying he must go now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A31204829

While I support the general view of White Review's members that Ronnie should see out his contract, I do hope that if the board want a change, they act quickly. We don't want a Jol / Benitez fiasco at our club. We still remember the slow death Brian Little had in his final season and the slump it caused which nearly got us relegated.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if Ronnie's head was already on the chopping block. He seems to have the Chairman's backing re funds for loans and permanent signings. I just hope the new faces (if and when they arrive) revitalise the club.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
a lot of the points on there have been mentioned on here numerous times, so its giving a good overall view of what people are thinking at the moment. ronnie desperately needs to add life to the squad with new faces. you cant play two men up front who cant score goals and expect to win a game!

im really not sure whether the problem is ronnie or the board though.
if ronnie is allowed to bring in players, will he bring in the right ones and will he get the best out of them, or will we still be hoofing balls up the field?